Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

SU2 course following

Bill,I just reflew it using full FS2004 ATC and ActiveSky 2004 weather as well as actually loading the FSBUILD created NG flight plan rather than doing manual entry. It flew it perfectly, no warnings from ATC about being off course or anything like that.I honestly don't understand what you're trying to do here - can you clarify exactly what you're trying to accomplish? Based on your other posts and the pics it looked to me like you were trying to use HDG SEL to fly the route by turning the knob to the numbers indicated by FSNav, but that the heading FSNav told you to fly pulled you off the magenta course. If you have a crosswind going on, this will in fact happen - HDG SEL doesn't fly a track (which is what FSNav is giving you I believe), you enter in a heading and it points the nose at that heading. If you have wind though, that number will not be your track over the ground because the wind is pushing the plane away from the course, even though your heading remains the same.I have no idea why you can't engage the autopilot after reinstalling - I'd suggest fully uninstalling everything including FS itself and reinstalling - I think there's a good chance this could all be caused by a file corruption somewhere.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The AP will dissengage for a few reasons, One, if you are in CMD and apply TRIM or hold pressure on the controls for a few seconds the AFDS will revert to CWS in the pressure direction.....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Bill; Check in the realism settings of FS9 and make sure that "gyro drifts" is disabled (unchecked). What you are describing looks exactly like what happens when gyro drift is enabled. When you start FS, load up the standard FS Baron or King Air, and make sure the A/P is turned off and the engines are running before switching over to the PMDG bird. Sometimes settings from the last plane/session are retained and can screw an advanced panel up.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, D.C.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ernie; Your display looks normal to me. You have the captain's bars and the heading index triangle both at 180 as selected, and the vertical lubber line depicts a ground track of 177, perfectly consistent with the 19.5 knots of right xwind component (3 deg left drift) depicted by the wind arrow on the U/L corner of the ND.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, D.C.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Nothing has changed in my flt settings since I had SU1 version. I'm aware of the AP disconnects when flt controls are in cmd use. After my 3 reinstall now after takeoff when I depress the AP button CMD A,I get AP disconnect sound. I never engaged AP in first place. I always load FS with default cessna AC at defualt location. SO the only thing thats changed In my FS install is SU2 update.Is a senior staff member avalible for comment???Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

>Ernie, those pictures look more like you are affected by winds. >Coming from the right at 20 knots you get a deviation of between >HDG and TRK of approximately 3

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I'll give you MY final comment, many folks including many from the team have treid to help you but it is clear you do not want to hear what they have told you. I do not see anywhere it was stated that the PMDG's 737 would work with **your** way of running FSNAV OR FSNAV itself..... Plane works just great without it...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

I appreciate everybody. I've heard and read everything that was posted. If the AC has no problems I would not have posted here in the first place.The only thing I want is to get the plane I paid PMDG for working like it always had. Right now the isn't not working wheither Fsnav is used or not.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Well the thing is that no one else here is able to replicate your problem Bill - in software development, that usually points to a system specific problem. I can virtually assure you that the problem isn't the SU2 NG - it's somehow either in the navdata, a result of a corruption issue within FS, FSNav, FSBuild or possibly even Windows itself. This is one of the longest problem threads on the forum right now and if no one can replicate it, that probably means it's happening only to you. I can't say anything else other than recommending that you perform a full uninstall and reinstall of FS and your addons. Start by installing JUST FS2004 and the NG - make sure the NG works normally and THEN reinstall FSNav, checking for this problem again. Beyond this advice, there's nothing else I can do, and likely the official PMDG support folks are going to tell you the exact same thing...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Randy I really appriciated all your help. I just can't figure out why I 'm the only one haveing this problem. Last night I unistalled everything and reinstalled everything at it's default settings. If you noticed in the pic I'm at the KSEA 34R default start position. The ND displays the runway almost 18 degrees off from my true heading. Can someone explain which is correct heading??Bill Mhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/54025.jpg

Bill McIntyre

Bill,I think you have a problem with flightsim and not SU2. Everything on the panel shows the correct heading of 341 for RWY 34R. When you look at the verbage from your Shift+Z it shows you to be at 360deg. I think that SU2 is doing exactly what it is supposed to do and shows what heading that flightsim is saying that you are at. If you are properly lined up on RWY 34R like you obviously are, your heading should be 341 and not 360 like flightsim is saying you are I think you have something corrupted in your FS9. Good luck.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Bill,I see a heading of 340 when I load up my SU2 at KSEA like you did. It looks like something is messing up FS's magnetic variation calculations for you - Seattle has a variation of about 21 degrees east, which would almost exactly correspond to the problem (340+20=360). If you load up the default Cessna there, what heading does Shift-Z show?When you uninstalled and reinstalled everything, did you install the NG first as your only addon and try this to rule out any other addon causing it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Well hallaluhaI finally got it to work. I flew from KSLC to KLAS and it track the heading and landed without a hitch, down the center line. I feel like jumping for joy. Somehow a old FSUIPC file got installed and my FS 2004 was corrupt, redid everything and so far all is good.I like to thank everyone for rheir help and support and if I upset or ###### anyone off (mainly the support people) I truely appoligize from my heart.Bill M

Bill McIntyre