Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

SU2 course following

For some reason my last 2 flts the FMC is off 10-15 degrees from flt plan. I built my plan with FSBuild2 and exported to FSnav and PMDG. The correct route shows in the color mengenta on the display but the FMC won't fly the exact course. Also when landing when I press the Nav|loc button, the AC intercepts the localizer then fly right pass it. It won't hold on the localizer. But it will follow the glidescope down. Even when the glidescope starts to desend, I press the apr button, the AC still won't follow the localizer.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest ba747heavy

Bill -Actually, the FMC is right, and the ND is wrong. On longer routes, about 60 nm or bigger, the error becomes large enough to see. Basically, the FMC calculates the correct routing(great circle), but the ND draws something different, a straight line not taking into effect the great circle route.

So what shold I do. ATC is constantly tell me to change my course when in the v-nav mode. Does this also effect the localizer when trying to intercept??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Also if the FMC is correct, why do FSNav show different headings than AC FMC if I use the same flt plan??? ATC constantly corrects me the the FsNav heading, not the v-nav.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

There is something wrong with the FMC and ILS tracking. Please do not insult my intelligence by saying this is normal. I flew your previous version with no problem with ND plan mode or ILS tracking. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but there's a problem. Please don't ignore me. Again there is a problem. Lets work together to solve it.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Bill, I am not so clear on your issue, I do not use FSNAV so have no idea what's going on. I think I understand what you are saying but you would do us a favor please if you say a few lines more about this. I'm not asking you to beta tester here sir, but a detailed listing of the issue you are having, what programs other than FSNAV you are using etc etc would be a great help. As to you mentioning ATC telling you to correct your course, are you not flying your own route at this point (LNAV)? If ATC wants me to deviate from my original route then they provide VECTORS for me to follow. If it's a DIR TO, this is simple matter for me to stay in LNAV or intercept a RADIAL etc. Otherwise I do what pilots do, go HDG SEL. Maybe I did not understand your post on that one. For ILS, what is it not doing correctly? I seem to be able to nail the ILS for any apporach I try. This does not mean that you are not having a real issue though so again please give us details, what ILS approach etc, give enough details for us to reproduce. Thank you Bill.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

When I create a flt plan using FSBuild or FSNav, save and export it to PMDG plan and try ti fly the route, The ND display and the Heading course from the 737 FMC are off 10 to 15 degrees. I 'm not sire if the Fmc or the ND are fly magnectic heading or true heading. But I should not have to keep correcting my course when flying in V nav mode, It shound fly the plan route. I did not have this problem in the SU1 ver. What ever plan riute I put in the FMC it fkew precislly and showed correctly in the ND display.Also when doing an ILS landing, I have correct course setting, Correct runway freqs, but the AC will not follow the localizer or do a partial intercept wheither the loc or the Apr button is depressed. The heading and course is off 10 -15 degress, just like the problem flying the plan. Every ILS landing that I made since this new SU2 upgrade, I have to take over the landing because the instraments are off.Again this was never an issue in the earlier SU1 ver why is it an issue now??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Here is a pic Attachment. Flting to peper isec I shold be at heading 279, which is the correct course. The 737 FMC using vnav mode flies the heading of 302. I manually set 279 on the MDU and ND displays 281 and the mengenta map is off almost 20 degress. That's the problem I'm having and it effects the auto pilot ILS landing.Bill Mhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53709.jpg

Bill McIntyre

Bill,From that screenshot there I see straight away why you're having problems.Why are you letting the FS Navigator AP fly the aircraft?? Look at the FSNav FMS and you can see it has a heading of 279 to PEPER and that's what it's dialled into the MCP. For the aircraft to follow the PMDG FMC flightplan you must be in LNAV (not v nav as you describe) mode. Engaging VNAV will let the AP control the vertical profile as well.Are using the same AIRAC cycle for both PMDG & FSNav? Might explain the heading differences.

No I'm not letting FSnav fly the AC. It's only monitoring the vor radio. Besides your autopilot don't accept input from FSnav anyway. The only thing I use FSnav to do is create flt plan. L nav is what I'm having a problem with. As far as the airac cycles, it's what you guys posted.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

I don't understand, What do you mean?? What do that have to do with L nav???Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Sorry Bill but in the screenshot you posted FS Nav is definitely *trying* to fly the aircraft. The 'Fly Flightplan' tab is green signifying the 'Fly AP' button is depressed.Now whether you meant to press the button is something else ..

Why is it difficult to understand. Fsnav cannot fly your AC. The green button is depreesed to monitor and change radio freqs. Nothing else. I was trying to show in the pic, in order to fly the AC on course to the correct heading the heading select button had to be selected. When Lnav is selected the AC flies the incorrect course. Which is the same flt plan that's inputed to FS2004, FSnav and 737 FMC. Is there any way to get back the SU1 version?? Then I won't have to bother you anymore.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Hello again Bill, I'm sorry this is not working out the way you had it in SU1-1, like I said in my first responce to you, I do not use FSNAV, but just to understand this conversation I came across this statement on thier web site under this caption "How does it work?" "Now the interesting bit. Put in your flight plan route, go back to FS and take off. After you are airborne and have the gear and flaps up engage the autopilot. On the left hand side of the screenshot above you see a group of grey boxes - one of which is labelled Fly FP. If you now select this FSNav will fly your flight plan - completely automatically. It will climb to the right levels, set the correct speeds (it even knows to reduce below 250kts below FL100) and follow your route to perfection. On approaching your destination it will position automatically for the runway selected and gradually descend and reduce speed to the touchdown value for that aircraft. The only thing you need do is lower gear and flaps.... and taxi in after FSNav has landed your aircraft..." http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04FS/fsx/fsn.htm This IS a problem Bill. Seems your statement "Why is it difficult to understand. Fsnav cannot fly your AC" is incorrect? Anyways you desire to be happy with how you want it to work, that's perfectly ok. If you have the original EXE (and four W files) you can install that and Su1-1. Did you happen to save those? I might have SU1-1 around, will have to check. I would aslo invite you to bring this question up to the Developers of FSNAV and see what they have to say, I am sure you are not the only one who uses the two? Thanks.. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg