Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdrago

FMC Route Question

Guest jdrago

After installing SU2 (great by the way), I went to program the FMC for a short flight from POGG to PHNL. I normally don't use SIDS/STARS because I don't have the data for them, and don't know which ones to choose blindly. Anyhow, After programming the departure and arrival airports, and choosing the dep/arr runways, the "activate" function never appeared. I tried several times, but nothing. I then chose a SID for POGG, and "activate" did appear, and programming went normal.Is this normal behavior, or can I should I be able to program the FMC without using SIDS/STARS?Thanks in advance,John Drago

Guest ba747heavy

John -This doesn't sound right. I am flying a flight right now out of KORD and I didn't plug in a SID because the OHARE1 dep is vectors, meaning that there is no SID/STAR option for it. I think something is fishy in what is happening with you, so if you could provide a detailed explanation of what you are doing when programming the FMC, that would be most beneficial.

Guest ba747heavy

>> You need at least ONE WAYPOINT on your route...Dang don't I feel dumb now ;)

Guest jdrago

Thanks. I will try it again tonight. Perhaps I'm programming out of order. I thought I was supposed to setup the dep/arr runway data prior to entering the legs of my flight. If I have trouble again, I will post my steps later.- John

If you are going to use a DEPARTURE then you should select the runway from the DEP/ARR page, you don't have too, you can also select it from the RTE page after you input the ICAO. There is no *set* order to program your route although you can go by a PRE-FLT flow, you can program the whole route on the RTE page and OR select procedures etc from the DEP/ARR page then modify on the legs (if needed) etc. Just entering a DEP/ARR and runway selections will not give you ACTIVATE..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Iz

Well yes, Randy, actually, it should. The SIDs and STARs are waypoints in themselves and will give you an ACTIVATE prompt in the real thing. :)Even just having the destination runway as a single waypoint in your FMC will give you an ACTIVATE prompt.Iz

Guest jdrago

Thanks, that worked.- John Drago