Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Using Weather Generators (i.e. FS-METEO) with PMDG's 737NG

Guest jcomm

I think I red somewhere that PMDG was "against" the use of third-party weather generators for use while flying the 737NG.Can anyone confirm/explain the reason why?

Guest ba747heavy

Not against(as in they don't like them), but they advise agains't using these 3rd party generators for the reason that FS9 has some issues with wind shifts, and these issues are more pronounced with the use of a 3rd party weather generator. These issues cause the NG autopilot much grief; thus, PMDG advises agains't using them.Hopefully ActiveSky2004 can fix this issue with FS9. If it does, then I would assume no compatability issues with the NG :)

Guest tmetzinger

I've had decent luck using FSMeteo, when I:suppressed upper wind gusts in FSMeteoadjusted FSUIPC to smooth wind changes (need registered version)It's still not great, but doesn't cause autopilot disconnects.I'm looking forward to better weather generators, and I expect FSMeteo to be right behind ActiveSky on fixing this issue.

Well I hate to say this, but AS2004 did NOT cure this problem either. I saw radical wind shifts today and some of the worst frame rate hits with deep clouds over Boston. Frames dropped to 5 on approach with a overcast sky. FS9 real weather with the same conditions let frames go back up to 12. Something is not quite right. I got much better frames with FSMeteo.Bob

Guest rugerdog

Active Sky 2004 does not fix the wind shear issue, I can also testify to that. It can be VERY FPS hungry too, yes, much more so that FS default weather.

Guest Mark McG

Bob,What route were you flying?Do you have the FSW High FPS cloud set installed?What version of FSUIPC do you have installed?I want to help yourself and James to get AS2004 working correctly.If you can post a copy of your rote, I will give it a try and let you know my results.Don't give up just yet.

Guest Mark McG

Dean,email sent to you regarding this.

HI Mark,I had this happen yesterday also, the exact same thing on a flight from KMIA to KBOS. I thought I had icing on my pipot probes. What ever you sent Dean can you send it to me also. I also need your addy so I can send you my KMIA-KBOS.pln file.ThanksBob

Mark, forgot my email address is bobbyjoh@comcast.netThanksBob

Must follow this thread as I only just installed AS2 and have not had chance to fly the new PMDG 737NG yet.I know using FS Meteo recently I have had winds snap direction which makes for much fun in a Dash 8 :-) and I know this is due to the way FS9 handles the weather and I also know that Marc is working on the problem.I guess that MS will have to release a good weather SDK, because I'm sure we won't get a patch, to give both Marc and Damian a fighting chance of eliminating this problem.

Guest Mark McG

Guys,The issue that caused Dean's speed to decay in the Pic has been positively identified.Hope to have more news on this tommorrow.