Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilh

Landing on the centerline???

Guest Just747-400

Hi,Re: problem not being able to track the centerline (with autopilot off, hand flown) I was able to fix this issue and it is related to the .air file for the 600 and 700 versions.Just a few modifications and with crosswinds @ 36 Kts (A/C limitations I guess is 30 Kts demonstrated if I am not mistaken) and REALISM SETTINGS AUTORUDDER OFF the are no problems to stay on centerline.The issue here is that I don

Guest edrutl

Alex,Hopefully the good folks at PMDG will let you publish your fix. I really like this plane, but when I tried to hand fly a visual approach into Midway with a moderate cross wind it was flat out impossible. It really put a bummer on a 2 hour flight.ed

Guest Hagar

"Seems that all the beta testers has flown with autoland or in calm weather."What do you know about that? Did you sit beside me or something?In that case, I can`t say I saw ya ;)

Guest rvdlaak

Dunno what the CH PRO USB is like - but I have the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 2 and its a beaut! very sensitive as well which is an added bonus - no complaints there. cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

>Changing heading with rudder - but track still the same.uhhh, I think this is exactly what a real airplane is supposed to do! You can't change the track of a heavy airliner with rudder input only, at least not instantly...I can't see any of the bugs you guys are mentioning in this thread. Crosswind landings and one-engine out landings are a joy to fly with PMDGs airliner!And that rudder thing, don't use rudder input to stay on the runway axis while on final or on the LOC or whatever. During a crosswind- or one-engine-approach use the rudder only ONCE, that is just before touchdown to turn the airplane onto a runway heading...While this may be clear to most of you I got the feeling some useres have a wrong idea on how to fly those kind of approaches. Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Just747-400

>uhhh, I think this is exactly what a real airplane is supposed>to do! You can't change the track of a heavy airliner with>rudder input only, at least not instantly...>And that rudder thing, don't use rudder input to stay on the>runway axis while on final or on the LOC or whatever. During a>crosswind- or one-engine-approach use the rudder only ONCE,>that is just before touchdown to turn the airplane onto a>runway heading...>>While this may be clear to most of you I got the feeling some>useres have a wrong idea on how to fly those kind of>approaches. >>Regards,>Markus

Guest Just747-400

Markus,I would like to say this, this is from the experience of flying big jets, and of from the aircraft manual what you would see form the A/P in crosswind conditions:During the final stages of the approach (between 150 ft to flare) in reference to wind intensity the airplane will start lining up with the rwy, this is done with rudder inputs.This is also accomplished when you hand fly the airplane, rudder inputs to take away that drift and line it up with the centerline.There are airplanes that will not allow you to use any bank because of the danger of hitting an engine pod (737 if I remember correctly over 7 or 8 degrees of bank will leave behind some sparks on the rwy)So making such statement like

I got the PFC Jetliner Yoke with throttles (which includes gear lever, flap lever, reverse thrust lever and a spoiler lever as well) and rudder pedals and differential toe brakes on the rudder pedals..it can also be yours for about $1200.00! Worth every penny though!!

Eric 

Alex,Maybe you didn't understand me correctly or I was not able to express myself clearly... Basicly I wanted to tell the same thing you just did, meaning do not use rudder until the last seconds before touchdown. I know that one should not bank the airplane at that stage of the approach.Oh well it seems I couldn't find the right words, and now after re-reading the thread I am not sure as what the "bug" people are talking really is...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest eker

AlexChanging email adress I am not able to answer on the old adress (I try to fix the new) Just tested your -600 config. a few touch&go using VASI lights only - first impression :-) :-) x 1000. A few (hopefully) last comments:1. PMDG and betatesters has put a lot of effort into autoflight and done an impressive job.2. Manual approach/landing is not up to this standard.3. Maybe the numbers in manual flight are correct. Rudder degree deflections vs aileron deflections - impact on airspeed v/s and so on.... But it does not FEEL right. (Have some flighthours in real flightsim myself). Manual landing should be challenging and rewarding - but PMDG has simulated a commercial aircraft - not the Delta Dagger.4.Discussing joysticks - even a guy with an old sloppy worn joystick should have FUN landing the 737.eker. (Keep in touch Alex - and thank you for saving my weekend :-) )

Guest Just747-400

Markus,I am positive that we misunderstood each other, I hope is not a problem, in fact, we have the same goal, to make this sim as real as possible to the reality.PMDG did a wonderful job and put a lot of effort in this software and what we are requesting here is just small corrections for the benefit of everybody.What is interesting is that somebody was mentioning that the other version did not behave in this way, it was OK.Regards,Alex

Guest Just747-400

>1. PMDG and betatesters has put a lot of effort into>autoflight and done an impressive job.You are 100% correct.>3. Maybe the numbers in manual flight are correct. Rudder>degree deflections vs aileron deflections - impact on airspeed>v/s and so on.... But it does not FEEL right.I will give you an example, again to confirm exactly what you are saying is correct.We have a sim (747-400) which is certified and operational but flying wise is off by at least 20% from the real thing, so here we go, precisely numbers resemble the reality, but it does not fly like the real airplane.>4.Discussing joysticks - even a guy with an old sloppy worn>joystick should have FUN landing the 737.>You are 100% correct.>I am happy that somebody has a pleasant weekend and I was able to help.Regards,Alex :-)

Alex,I still can't figure out what exactly the bug is you are talking about. Is it with AP ON or OFF? Could you summarise the problem in a few sentences so I can check it out myself? Thank's a lot!Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard