Sign in to follow this  
Guest HavBlue

two small bugs.

Guest HavBlue

When the 737 (new version) loads in 2D cockpit mode, sounds like the over speed warning sound is running in back of the engine noise. Also, the recirc fan sound starts after a couple secounds also. When I switch to the virtual cockpit mode, the sound is normal (just jet engine sound). I have the lastest drivers for my sound card installed.The secound problem is with the trim wheels in virtual cockpit mode. They don't move in a smooth motion fore and aft when trimming the aircraft.When I go back to the original 737 version. The above problems work fine. C. Fenlaw

Guest WA

I get the same bugs you mention.Plus another one i came across.Start up in normal cockpit, which default is shift-2...press a view selection which will bring up another cockpit view like shift-3(without having turned of thedefault cockpit by pressing shift-2 first) press shift-3 again to get back to default view and the LCD displays will not update anymore. To get normally updating LCD screens again you have to "reactive" this view by removing it and bringing it up again, hence...pressing shift-2 twice.Not a show stopper and just a minor thing in my eyes.The sound bug you mention is getting on my nerves a bit though, since i mainly fly the 2D cockpit it can get heavy on the ears hearing those sounds for a looong time in a row.Cheers,Willem.

The sounds are not a bug but the result of FS. A compromise was reached whereby the recirc fan, which is modeled after the actual fan on the 737, can only be heard while viewing the 2D cockpit and not in any other view. If the default sound handling was used then you'd also hear the fan while in spot and tower view. As for the overspeed warning, if you're using a joystick then most likely your throttle may need to be adjusted a tad. Not sure on the trim wheel motion. I'll see what support has to say.

Guest HavBlue

Thanks Mr. Sterling, will be waiting on your response about the trim wheels. C. Fenlaw

There is no *bug*, that is hopw a real 737NG sounds, the *ticking* is the stby altemeter and also the REC FAN that Pete mentioned. You can go to the PMDG/STYLES MENU and lower or turn of cockpit sounds if it bothers you. Anytime you leave the 2D cockpit the cokcpit sounds will not be heard, this is the way it was made. I suggest you use the PANEL SWITCHER to change your views, that's what it is for, there is no support for changing it the SHIFT + routine. It works as expected if you you use it the way it was intended ;) [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg