Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

Question for Southwest Airlines Classic Downloaders

Captains,I noted that the Southwest Airlines Classic livery available on our download server has a rating of 2.5 stars while the other four available liveries have ratings of 5.0. As the artist responsible for this livery, I'm curious as to what it is about this particular paint that has earned it this rating. If you've rated this livery less than 5 can you please let me know what leads you to this rating. I'd love to have a chance to address any concerns you have about this one.Thanks.

Guest Jeff Berman

Pete,I for one find nothing wrong with the Southwest Classic livery. I put my rating of 5 in there to help you out :) Are you going to do any of the special liveries for Southwest?

Jeff,thanks for the rating. My real reason for the posting is not to raise the rating but to determine what if anything is incorrect that earns this livery a lower rating. As for additional SWA liveries, there are a slew of them waiting to get on the server. Most of the 700 based SWA liveries are done and a few 400/500 series liveries have been applied to the 600/700 and will also be made available.

My guess is that people just like the 'other' southwest paint better for aesthetic reasons. I for one LOVE your classic. Dresses the new bird up just right!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I can see nothing wrong with the paint at all that would warrant a 2.5 rating.Perhaps it was a booboo? I know I didn't vote when I downloaded it - I will return and do so - perhaps that would help.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest Jeff Berman

Thanks Pete :-wave

Guest Mark McG

Pete,any chance of a winglets version of both ;)

They are both done and only waiting their turn for installer writing.

Guest ba747heavy

Pete,My 2 cents US: There is nothing wrong with her :)

Guest sk400hvy

I second the "booboo" option! :)I'm having a hard time understanding why any of your planes deserve anything less that full score. You've done a lot of repaints on the PMDG airpark and all have been top notch!CheersAndy

I think people might be rating based on much they like the aesthetics of the livery, rather than the quality/completness of the repaint. Please don't do this folks - even if the livery is ugly as sin on the real airplane, you should rate it based on how accurately it's reproduced for the NG!!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

hi,Your SWA classic livery is all I fly I refuse to fly any other livery or airline.Andrew

Guest moshe_be

Maybe some bored people with all the holidays just rated all planes 1 a few times?