Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fredrik0099

PMDG SU2 Altitude horn when decending?

Guest Fredrik0099

Hello!My altitude horn doesn

Guest Fjorko

Hi. I have the same issueMine also doesn't workAnyone else ?

You will need to give a detailed example, plus do you know when it's suppose to sound? What config your aircraft is in etc? Post what exactly you are doing , ALT, gear condition or flaps etc......[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Fjorko

Well it works now again on reaching CRZ Alt...it sounds at 1000 To GoBusy with a flight so will test on decend. I just noticed this aswellIt doesn't seem like the plane actually follows the purple line as commanded by the flight plan...as you can see it is way off the line... Also with turns it doesn't turn on the line but rather over or undershoots it.Any reason ? See screenshotBTW i am not in any accelerated sim modehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53563.jpg

You are going to see this, your example seems a tad excessive @ 1 1/2 miles abouts. One thing to keep in mind concerning this, what is DRAWN and what is FLOWN will not always match i.e- the *logic* is not the same to draw as is commanding the flight path but the aircraft IS following the correct FMC path, it's only the ND line that's a bit off with all the caculations and having a diffult time displying it correct....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi,actually I didn't really pay attention to it because at least during clims it does sound. Now reading your post I realized that during descent reaching the MCP altitude the horn does not sound.I have this happen in FS2002. Actually I have noticed that some issues I'm having such as spoilers not arming on -700 and the radio panel bitmap and size being way too big as this issue all happen with FS2002 but not with FS2004. Unfortuantely I don't have the horse-power to run the 737 with Fs2004 and Fs2002 is much more stable and complete on my system...so I wonder if a reinstall of the package on FS2002 might solve these couple of little problems...Regards,BjornP.S. Would you suggest using the remove tool for another clean install or just re-installing overwriting what is already on Fs2002?Suggestions greatly appreciated. :-)

Guest lbb

Hi Randy,I just noticed the same, so I paid attention to what I was doing. On climbing there was no problem, however on descent I tried just about every other thousand foot and never got the sound. (Yes, I do know what it's supposed to sound like). Descent was in LNAV and FL CH, from cruise all the way down to 2,000 ft for the ILS, in FS9, using the Transavia livery (don't think that would many any difference though:-) and like I said, had set the ALT window to about every other thousand foot, making sure there was always well over a thousand foot left to go, so that there should be a sound. Both gear and flaps up all the way.Leo Bakker

Guest Fjorko

Is this correct behaviour PMDG ?

Guest Fredrik0099

Hello again!I don

Guest Fredrik0099

Hi again;According to my Dad, which is a 737-700 Captain and Flight Instructor, the Altitude Alerting System shall sound 900ft before reaching selected MCP Altitude. It should also sound if you deviate more than 200ft from selected MCP Altitude.The system should work regardless of use of Autopilot or not.The only conditions when the system is inhibited is when the flaps are extended to 25 or more, or the ILS Glide Slope is captured.Have a nice FlightFredrik

Guest Fjorko

I agree, if this is a bug, it should be fixed.It definately doesn't work on descends even in clean config.Can PMDG advise on whether they are aware of this issue, even though it is a small detail ?I feel that with the amount of effort that has gone into SU2, this is something i cannot believe has slipped through (if it is a bug).Cheers

Guest MSMITH6

PMDG-I'm bumping this up so you can respond to the original issue of the Altitude Alert on descent. My altitude alert works fine on climb, but does not on descent. I believe it worked fine in SU1, and there is a comment in this thread from a real 737 pilot that it's supposed to work on descent as well. What are the facts?Thanks-