Sign in to follow this  
Guest EHAM

FMC Airport data

Guest EHAM

Goodevening all,I have a problem considering to the SID/STAR data in the FMC. I'm planning this evening to fly a flight from Schiphol (EHAM) to London Gatwick (EGKK).When I make this flight in the FMC and when I will select the runway and SID, I only see the runways. I can't select any SID of that airport. It isn't that the airport doesn't have any. They do alright.I've tried to download the EGKK SID/STAR from Navdata webiste but then I can't select the runways nor the sids/stars :-hmmm Who can help me with this.Regards,Guy Haalebos

Guest ba747heavy

Guy,I am not near my charts, so I can't see if EHAM has any non-vector SIDs. If EHAM only has vector SIDs, then you will only be able to select a runway on the DEP page for EHAM.Another cause(more likley) is that the DAFIF data that the SID/STARs are derived from lack information about EHAM, and because it lacks information the SID/STARs weren't addd.Not sure what is the cause, but those are my conjectures.

Guest EHAM

Fred,>I am not near my charts, so I can't see if EHAM has any>non-vector SIDs. If EHAM only has vector SIDs, then you will>only be able to select a runway on the DEP page for EHAM.Schiphol Airport has as dar as i know no vector SID's. I didn't had this problem before so this is kind off new for me. Before I could select any SID from Schiphol airport. Maybe a usefull piece of info: I use the SID/STAR database from 0309. I don't know if this is updated.>Another cause(more likley) is that the DAFIF data that the>SID/STARs are derived from lack information about EHAM, and>because it lacks information the SID/STARs weren't addd.Well Fred, I think you have a point there. But is there a way to change that back into the correct way so the FMC can read the SID's.Regards,Guy

Hello GuyWhich version of the EGKK sid/stars from the Navdata site do you have? I uploaded a new version for SU2 last night. Its also available from my site here:- http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.butler2...usefulfiles.htmI have flown most of the sids and many other parts of this EGKK sidstar file without any problem, it is intended to be used with the latest airac. If you are still having problems with it please mail me.I am busy flying parts of the EGCC sidstar file I have done at the moment which I hope to upload this evening before I go to work.simon

Guest EHAM

Hey simon,I just downloaded the file and installed in on my pc and i will check right a way if they are correct and if they are avalible in my FMC.I keep you posted.Regards,Guy

Guest EHAM

Hey,There am I again :-lol Well I just have FS running with the PMDG cockpit. When I type at the POS INIT page EGKK in REF Airport I get the folowing error: err at SPEED, line 63What does this mean???When I go to the ROUTE page and fill EGKK in the ORGIN I get the same error as discribed above.:-hmmm When I go the the DEP/ARR page and select the EGKK Dep I get a blanco page and can't select the runways nor the SID's on EGKK.When I go to the ARR page I see a perfectly normal page from EHAM were I can choose the runways and the STARS for Schiphol.What is wrong with my FMC???Please help me.Guy Haalebos

Guest EHAM

Just for the record I get these errors since I installed the last update EGKK from Simon.I just can't figure it out what I am doing wrong.Regards,Guy Haalebos

Guest Slyman

Dear GuyI worked on this for about 6 hours today. Click on the link below then click "File" then "Save As" and rename the file Eham. Then place it in the following folder:x:Flight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS folder. Make sure you back up your old EHAM file. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53508.txtI got all the data from the Dutch VATSIM site and it incorporates all the RNAV SIDS for EHAM for Runways 9,18L,18C,24,27,36L,36C. These are the only runways that are assigned for departure to the best of my knowledge. (I also did the SIDS for runway 6 but it is apparently only used for Arrivals?)It includes the altitude restrictions aswell as the speed restrictions as stated in the SID's document from the Dutch VATSIM site.I have run limited tests on it, so please let me know if you find anything wrong. I am aware that two SIDS, can't remember which two exactly, are slightly different from the published routes since the fixes mentioned in them do not exist within FS9. I used Fixes that were as close as possible to the published ones so they are almost 100% correct. The rest are by the numbers. EnjoyJohn

Guest EHAM

Hello John,Thank you very much to share this file with me.I run it in FS2002 and typed a route from EHAM to EGKK.But when I select the DEP/ARR page i see on both airports a blanco page with you runways to choose and sids/stars. :-hmmm Is it maybe whise to re-install everything??I am out of options.Regards,Guy Haalebos

Guest Slyman

GuyThat sounds quite strange, I have not tried to fly to or from EGKK yet so I can't say much about that. As far as EHAM is concerned well I was disappointed that there were no SIDs in the FMC database so I went about creating them myself. I have FS9 so I'm afraid I cannot help you with FS2002 :( SorryGood Luck with it though.John

Guest Dutch Commando

Although I appreciate Slyman's work, me and another guy have been making a EHAM.txt SID/STAR file that IS correct, we are currently in process of testing it, no problems so far so we'll probably release it very soon.

Hello GuyI have tested my EGKK sidstar file in fs2002, and dont get this error.Do you have a full clean install of SU2? Does anyone else get this problem?Simon

Guest stang

Howdy Guy>When I make this flight in the FMC and when I will select the>runway and SID, I only see the runways. I can't select any SID>of that airport. It isn't that the airport doesn't have any.The DAFIF has no SIDs for EHAM. 11 STARs and 10 IAPs but no SIDs.>I've tried to download the EGKK SID/STAR from Navdata webiste>but then I can't select the runways nor the sids/stars :-hmmmDAFIF has no procedures for EGFF.That explains it but sorry it does not help get what you want. The procedures will have to be designed by someone.RegardsTerry

Guest ba747heavy

>Although I appreciate Slyman's work, me and another guy have>been making a EHAM.txt SID/STAR file that IS correct, we are>currently in process of testing it, no problems so far so>we'll probably release it very soon.Again I point out that you are very rude to the same individual. Sir, with all due respect Slyman doesn't deserve the kinda grief you are giving over his 'incorrect' SID/STAR file.