Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slyman

SIDs for EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol)

Guest Slyman

Dear AllI worked on this for about 6 hours today. Click on the link below, then click "File" then "Save As" and rename the file Eham. Then place it in the following folder:x:Flight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS folder. Make sure you back up your old EHAM file. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53508.txtI got all the data from the Dutch VATSIM site and it incorporates all the RNAV SIDS for EHAM for Runways 9,18L,18C,24,27,36L,36C. These are the only runways that are assigned for departure to the best of my knowledge. (I also did the SIDS for runway 6 but it is apparently only used for Arrivals?)It includes the altitude restrictions aswell as the speed restrictions as stated in the SID's document from the Dutch VATSIM site.I have run limited tests on it, so please let me know if you find anything wrong. I am aware that two SIDS, can't remember which two exactly, are slightly different from the published routes since the fixes mentioned in them do not exist within FS9. I used Fixes that were as close as possible to the published ones so they are almost 100% correct. The rest are by the numbers. John

Guest Dutch Commando

I and another guy are creating a (better) one, because 1:You created FIXes for every point. Why? It will only make the file larger for loading. 2:All the Transitions have the same names? CATAB etc, there isn't even one Transition named that way.So hold tight, you'll get a nice EHAM file (including all gate positions!) soon!David Walschots

Guest Slyman

Well I simply added the SID's that weren't there to start with, I did nothing more. So the file is the same as the one that came with SU2 only + the SIDs this time. Glad to hear someone is working on EHAM. In the meantime though I was happy to put in a little effort since nothing else seemed to exist.As for the Transitions etc, well I hadn't even begun to look at that, but I'd be very happy to download an improved version.John

Guest ba747heavy

>I and another guy are creating a (better) one, because Man thats rude. I appreciate the effort of this guy; I appreciate the effort of anyone who donates time to the FS community.

Guest Dutch Commando

Yes, that might sound rude. I also appreciate his work but my opinion on SID/STAR files = make them as perfect as you can or don't make them at all. I'm saying that we made a better one because A: We used Jeppesen chart's and B: It's our homebase so we know most Departures and Arrivals.David Walschots

Guest Dutch Commando

That's why I said: Yes, that might sound rude.And actually yes, I ment it to be rude a bit. Because I don't like people to start building stuff for airports they don't (in anyway) know.You might think that's strange, but I just don't like downloading the same airport SID/STAR over and over again because it all contains bad things.David Walschots

Guest ba747heavy

David,I don't get your logic, but as long as you are happy with it :-hmmmEDIT: Fixed the smiley

Guest Dutch Commando

I'm sorry, I indeed was a bit rude. I want to thank Slyman for making the SID/STARS. Maybe not the best one! But atleast it shows the community that they should START creating them :). Again I apoligize.Yours Faithfully,David Walschots

David,Thank you for that last post, it shows a maturity sadly lacking by a lot of posters. Although I agree with your reasons behind your original post it was a bit strong, but hopefully all healed now with this one.BTW look forward to d/loading it when it is ready.Rgds

Hello,I am almost done with the LSGG file, including every thing as per last Jeppesen revision.Even if I am based out of LSGG, and know very well how it works over there, I still have tremendous prob to include som arrival transition.For example, the Lusa6R is as follow:STAR LUSA6RNAVAID LUSAR NAVAID SAUNI 16000 NAVAID LIRKO NAVAID DINIG RNW05 RNW 23Then comes the second part of it which is an RNAV transition, called DINIG3A, for RNW 23, and the last one called DINIG3N for RNW 05I must be stupid, but I am unable to integrate it as it should be, the only solution I have found out is to have 2 LUSA6R, one would be LUSA6R(RNW23), and LUSA6R(RNW05). That is not how it should be.Thanks very much for your help, as soon as some one helped me out, it will be avaliable to the community. Cpt Cyrille de Lattrewww.corporateaviationservices.comAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg