Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr_Miyagi

OK, I want to buy, but...

Guest Mr_Miyagi

G'day,Since I'm the happy owner of a dreamfleet 737-400, which doesn't fly in fs9, I'm now one step away from buying the PMDG 737NG.But, a question, should I wait for a week or two?I'm reading topics like;- no server capacity.- corrupt downloads.- problems with FMC.- problems with liveries.- choosing pmdg crashes to desktop.and more of the same and similar.I'm confident (eehhh..) this will not happen on my high end system, but I'm not wanting to take any risks.Having read the forum during the development of SU2 personally I think it's more error's from the user then the product itself.What do you think I should do? (personally I want to buy this weekend)regards, Arjan Weijdema

Just go for it have the bird since the release and it's a master piece since SU2.They have set the benchmark for FS development :-)No crashes to desktop no problem with FMC, no problems with the liveries... Don't no about the install routine for the current liveries, but converted all my previous liveries to SU2....Server capacity and corrupt downloads where due the high demand of the service update and fault on the server...But as I understood they solved the problem...Great support here also....You just end up with the best realistic boeing made ever for FS :-)I never looked back to my DF 737-400 ;-)Have fun...Andr

André

A very small minority have CTDs and 99.9% of the reasons are known, some deal with a FS bug and fall textures and a cuple from a few SIDS-STARS that are being correct (if not already). Server is up to 100%. I see no problems with the FMC other that one guy building custom waypoints with decimals etc (also being fixed as we speak) There are liveries on the server (10 I think today) Somefolks have a CTD because the have a saved flight with the previous SU1-1 and did not remove the saved flight (the issue I am aware of). But the vast majority (including myself) never get a CTD...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Mr_Miyagi

Guess what, just bought it :)Thank you for your answers. I will try it tomorrow. This plane is going to make to some miles :)regards, Arjan

Guest SAS784

I don't have a high-end PC as of now (will upgrade coming spring/summer) and I still use this PMDG bird and enjoy it immensly! Never flown a more realistic and wonderful aircraft in FS.My computer:1.4 GHz AMD Athlon512 MB DDR RAMGeForce 2 64 MB

Guest SAS784

Sorry, forgot the name :)Regards,Fredrik Str