Sign in to follow this  
Guest heliosair

APU Sound?????

Guest heliosair

Hi I thought that in the SU2 u ll add exterior APU sound.But cant hear anything outside.???

Guest heliosair

?????????????Any answer???

Guest heliosair

WHY YOU NEVER READ ALL THE QUESTION???I said exterior!!!It means outside!!!!!The sound outside is mute when APU running!!!

Yes sorry, did not mean to get you all worked up there ;) Question for the sound masters, I do not know if it's even possible to model a sound just for spot view but sounds pretty impossible knowing the limitations of FS....................[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Sunnyzsz

Good Afternoon,I am a senior FA for Britannia Airways, in England. I often work on our Boeing 737-800 and I can confirm that you cannot hear the APU from the flight deck.It would be good if you could hear the APU from outside the aircraft, the Boeing 73NG does have quite a loud one in real life, but from what other designers have said I don't think its possible :(Kind RegardsKimberly :-outta

Guest neil_c

>I am a senior FA for Britannia Airways, in England.Really? On airliners.net you say you're a Virgin Atlantic A340 First Officer!Oh, the joy of internet anonymity! :-roll

"Really? On airliners.net you say you're a Virgin Atlantic A340 First Officer!"A recent demotion perhaps? :-( You'd probably hear the APU from the flight deck if you started the APU on a (semi-)dead ship (You need the battery on to start up the APU). Also, if the NG is like other aircraft, you might hear a slight change in background noise on APU shutdown (When the APU hits a certain frequency (rpm) range during shutdown you can hear, maybe even feel, the APU shutting down).Cheers.Ian.P.S. Some time ago, I read a message on one forum from (supposedly) a Senior FA which sounded more like it was from the (young) daughter/son of a Senior FA :( Anything to get attention! :-)

Guest Matze2912

>"Really? On airliners.net you say you're a Virgin Atlantic>A340 First Officer!"To what she stated on airliners.net she is an FA for an major UK-Charter airline i think..