Sign in to follow this  
Guest sitzkrieg

TOGA warning sound

Guest sitzkrieg

Enter everything into the FMC, preflight complete, V2 set in MCP. Line up on the runway, spool up engines to ~40% N1 with brakes on. Hit TO/GA switch and release brakes. I hear some kind of buzzer or possible warning sound (cycles) until after I liftoff the ground, then it stops.Am I missing something in the checklist procedure that would cause this sound when pressing TO/GA or is this supposed to happen now with SU2?Sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been answered but I haven't been reading the forums like I have wanted to lately.Edit: Forgot to sign (AGAIN!)Keith

Guest tmetzinger

>Enter everything into the FMC, preflight complete, V2 set in>MCP. Line up on the runway, spool up engines to ~40% N1 with>brakes on. Hit TO/GA switch and release brakes. I hear some>kind of buzzer or possible warning sound (cycles) until after>I liftoff the ground, then it stops.>>Am I missing something in the checklist procedure that would>cause this sound when pressing TO/GA or is this supposed to>happen now with SU2?>>Sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been>answered but I haven't been reading the forums like I have>wanted to lately.>You're probably hearing the takeoff warning horn. It sounds to alert you to various potential problems when the throttles are advanced past 40%One of these conditions is parking brake on. So, contrary to what I was taught on the 200, and what I probably wrote in the tutorial, you do not bring up your engines and then trip the brakes off. Hold the brakes with your feet if you have pedals, or just advance the throttles and roll.Takeoff with no flaps also triggers this horn, I believe.

Good point Tim, it is taught that it's better to do a rolling takeoff with the NG, just not to delay more than a couple of seconds between 40% stable to initiation TO thrust so you do not loose so much availble runway for TO.........[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest sitzkrieg

Flaps were set at 5 before I started to roll.I had the toe brakes set with my pedals, not the parking brake, when I ran the engines up to 40%.One other possibility. Would this horn sound if I hit TOGA before releasing the toe brakes?I'll try it again tonight with a rolling start and see if I still get the warning.BTW Tim, thanks for the tutorial. Really helps a novice like myself and provides a great starting place on how to work the systems for this wonderful add-on. Look forward to reading your next set.Keith

Guest Neale

Hi, I'm experiencing a similar problem, anytime that I advance the throttles while on the ground I get the warning horn. I don't need to hit the TOGA to get it. Flaps Trim etc all set.Neale washington

Guest sitzkrieg

Guess I need to do a follow-up here.Pretty certain my problem was that I was hitting the TOGA switch with the toe brakes still set. I've tried 2 flights since and have released the toe brakes after reaching 40% N1, then pressed TOGA and the warning does not sound.I have received that same warning sound after landing if I ran the throttles too hard during taxi to the gates.Keith

I have the same exact problem. I release the brakes advance the thust levers to 40% hit TOGA, I still get the warning horn. I have autobrake set to RTO, Flaps 10, trim set usually around 5 degrees nose up. I think I got everything...Other than that the aircraft runs great.v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest sitzkrieg

Try recalibrating your joystick and/or rudder pedals. I have the CH Pro Pedals USB and I almost certain that the brakes were not releasing completely. No indicator but FS still thought they were engaged. If I did not move the brake pedals and rudder before starting to taxi, there was a slight pull to the right and I was having trouble keeping taxi speed because I had to set a bit more throttle than necessary. Basically I was "jiggling" the rudder/brakes on their axis to "clear" something in FS. This is not just a PMDG problem, as I experienced similar behavior in other payware and the default FS9 aircraft.Anyway, doing this procedure plus releasing the brakes before pressing the TOGA switch eliminated the warning sound. I have totally eliminated the problem with my pedals now that I am calibrating my controls through FSUIPC.Hope something I said made sense and helps.Keith

Look at this forum at Cargo Door/Beeping or something like that. Might be bug, when the spoilers have been moved before takeoff. They also must not be armed before t/o, that is only possible in flight.I have had the same problemBest regardsChris Schn

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

just to add my two cents to this matter.I have the nuisance take-off warning only when I do a second (or more) flightleg without restarting FS. So I do my first leg, take off ok, I land, do my thing with APU and pax etc. Then take off again and invariably I will have the warning ..well I got used to it and it definately didnt cure my addictive feelings to this superb aircraft.best regards / Dick Riddersma