Sign in to follow this  
Guest ntsmith

Why is EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ DISAGREE Always diplayed

Guest ntsmith

Is this function not implemented or am I not doing something correct ?Kind regards Nigel Smith

Hi Nigel,If I recall correctly, in order for that to go away you must have a VOR (might work with ILS but I can't remember for sure) tuned into NAV 1 and then turn the reciever on (if that's the right term for it) in the MCP panel (that toggle switch to the left of the mode selector).That *should* work. If you still have problems and no one else answers, I'll check it out tonight and get back to you.

Guest Mark McG

Nigel,this displays if you have selected VOR mode on the EFIS and gave tuned an ILS frequency into the NAV radio.Switch the EFIS to ILS Mode and this will clear.

Guest ntsmith

Well it sure doesnt clear for me. Any others having this problem?As an aside but still on the approach so to speak. Does the ILS front course have to be set on the aircraft anywhere or does it only make it clearer to see what direction you have to turn? On the 767 it HAS to be set on the ILS centre pedestal.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

Guest D17S

Took me a while to get used to this new fangled FMS based Rnav systems. Sitting in my first RL MD11 cockpit, I finally manaaged to get the TV's going. I was ready for the next step, but I asked, "Where's the knobs? How do I dial up a VOR?" One of my pals said "These don't use radios anymore" Well, I was a bit doubtful about that! "Not quite" I thought . . . "yet" anyway. It's all in the FMC's CDU anymore. The NAV/RAD page has all that functionality. Remember the old 75/67s pedestal ILS tune & course dial head? Remember the Auto/manual Vnav/VOR press button on the 767? All gone now, but the functions aren't. The VOR/ILS Nav radios are buried (anymore) because it's so automated. About all the VORs do is update the IRUs. Like the 767 in auto, they just auto tune away to the most appropriate 2 VOR stations to keep a backup update function available for the IRUs. (The GPS provides the primary present position update function.) The VORs are always working, but the are rarely used at all. You can nav with the VOR's like the old days. That functioality is all still there too, but its a real PITA. You can manually tune them by typing in your frequency (or the 3 letter VOR designator!) into NAV/RAD scratch pad and entering it into the VOR Freq line. A little 'man" annunciation will appear. There's even a VOR selection for the NDs. Bet that function gets used about once every "C" check. Want to go back to auto? Press 'del' on the FMC's CDU and select it to the manually tuned VOR. It'll go back to auto. Same basic idea with the ILS on that same page. The ILS freq will auto load (to lsk 5L) when you select an ILS equiped runway from the DEP/ARR page. Both the freq and the runway course is entered. Want to do it manually? That's OK. Just enter FFF.FF/CCC the scratch pad and select it to lsk 5L.When you are in range of the ILS, the PFD will annunciate in an area above the speed tape that it 'sees' the ILS. The LOC and GS dots will come up shortly. Select APP on the MCP and LOC and GS will arm in the FMAs, then capture as your intercept. Screw down airspeed, gear, flaps, . . . taxi in, then debrief with a cold one. That's about it. Very modern.Try and let the automation do its stuff. That might solve your EFIS disagree thing. Sounds like the airplane is just whining.

Guest tmetzinger

Tell me what your NAV1 frequency is, and then tell me what your EFIS mode is (ILS/NAV/MAP/PLAN), and I'll tell you what the problem is and how to fix it.