Logo Light, not turning off ?

Guest Raafie75

Does anyone else have the same problem?Regards,

Yup, same here.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest JamieG

hmm maybe someone from pmdg could help?

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi guys,unfortunately this is an FS limitation...so I don't think much can be done about it. :-)Regards,Bjorn

Guest Raafie75

I'm positive I've seen it operate on other aircraft?Maybe 2002 did it, maybe thats where I've seen it?BRAD.

Yup...positive...PSS Dash-8 for exemple has separate logo light switching...and still working in FS9...Essono Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

you can find in the library some fx based packages like 737-400lightkit.zip that allow the logo light. Didn't try in the NG however it should work. You can even add fake taxi lights to models that doesn't have them. Of course it could be that the gauges in the NG don't operate the fx effect it's only a matter of trying. Also there are differences in the available circuits in FS2004 so you need to D/L the aircraft container SDK. In FS2004 you can have switches for: Beacon, Strobe, Navigation or Position, Cockpit, Landing, Taxi, Recognition, Wing, Logo, CabinEDIT: And you may have to change the texture lights map to have the propper final solution. I'm trying to paint an aircraft and when comming to light maps try to see how they works.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53639.jpgJos

Guest jase439

The logo lights turn on and off for me (???). I have a fresh install of the product. I did not attempt to upgrade from 1.1. Maybe that's the difference?Running FS9.Update: Ah, you can't turn them off if your interior/panel lights are on. Turn off your panel lights and then the logo switch should toggle the lights normally.

there is a trick, however aswell this trick does include limitations.covert the textures to DTX3, add alpha channel and you will be fine. the tail will be illuminated whenever the landing lights are one.but as you can see, the limitation is that you need the landing lights to be on. pretty unrealistic, when you are at the gate.your choice. tail always on or landing light on when tail is on.cheersMartin