Sign in to follow this  
Guest rsbessa

SID/STARS HELP ( 1 doubt ) !!!

Guest rsbessa

Hi everybody !Well, i'm making some SID/STAR/IAC files here... The problem is: One of my IACs is SBFZ DELTA 1. In this IAC, all the navigation is rellated to the FLZ VOR ( FLZ - 114.10 ), but, if i put " NAVAID FLZ " into the .txt file, FS recognizes FLZ as NDB, not as VOR ! Yes, both have the same name, FLZ :(Oh, please, don't suggest me to insert the geographic coordenates instead of the NAVAID name... I need of the FLZ VOR because, in this IAC, there are some waypoints rellated to FLZ VOR radials etc etc...Please, help me guys !Tks in Advance !!! :)

Guest DannyV

Define FLZ as a FIX in your local SID file, with the coords for the VOR. Then in your procedures, rather than write NAVAID FLZ, substitute FIX FLZ. This should work as the locally defined data has priority over FS9 nav database.Cheers,Danny Vickers :-waveAdelaide, Australia

Guest rsbessa

Hi Danny !Well, thank you for the help !But, if i do what you said, how i'll put waypoints such as:"FIX D5 colocated FLZ 5" ?

From a quick read of Terry's 'How to' you should be able to use the NDB as a VOR, that is it will accpet radials and distances just like a VOR. In fact this seems to be the case for any sort of w'pt, I would give it a try with one procedure first.About the only thing it probably won't do is tune the radio to the VOR frequency.Best of luck.

Guest DannyV

Hi,This will only work if the two aids are co-located. At some airports NDBs and VORs can be up to 4nm or more apart, therefore creating some serious obstacle clearance issues as well as questionable tracking of the correct ground track. You should always use the published NAVAIDs for the Departure or Arrival.Cheers,Danny

Guest DannyV

No problem. The FMS will use the fixes you have defined as priority over FS9. Therefore, defining a Fix such as:FIX D5 COLOCATED FLZ (Bearing) (Distance)will be no problem. Just ensure you have defined FLZ before the latter fixes so the FMS logic uses the correct FLZ (ie. Your VOR vs FS9 NDB). Please ensure that all FIXes defined using the COLOCATED keyword must specify a Bearing and a Distance from the original fix. This way, all new fixes you define in this way will be reference the FLZ VOR.Hope this helps.Cheers,Danny

Guest rsbessa

Yes ! You guys got the point !FLZ NDB isn't close to FLZ VOR... So, i can't use the NDB as VOR :(What to do guys ?:)

Guest DannyV

See my post above... (ie. #5)Danny