Sign in to follow this  
Guest ALT260

Flying with FSMeteo

Guest ALT260

When I'm using FSMeteo it happens quite often that the winds, pressure, clouds etc... change (almost) constantly when flying over certain areas. I suspect that has to do with my settings of FSMeteo and FSUIPC. Is there anyone out there that solved this problem and is willing to share his/her setting of both programs with me?Thanks in advance.

Guest Just747-400

I suspect that has to do with my settings>of FSMeteo and FSUIPC.You are correct, same problems here just go on their web page and look for FAQ and you will find all the info you need.If by any chance that is not good enough let me know and I will try to walk you step by step.Regards,Alex :-)

yes , it happens to me too. sometimes ATC cancels IFR due to QNH change :(cheersMartin

I just had similar problems on my last flight. Was flying from Buffalo to Las Vegas. Somewhere near Minnesota, the winds started shifting drastically back and forth. Every 2-3 seconds the winds were changing directions 180 degrees. The 737 was all over the place. I ended up turning fs meteo off completely and shifting to default fs9 downloaded weather. I had the "smooth wind transitions" option in FSUIPC turned on, but it didn't seem to help. I did some digging on the fsuipc forum, and I didn't turn up much other than this thread:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...ight=wind+meteoMr. Dowson seems to think the problem lies within the way fs9 handles weather. However, my problems seemed to disappear once I turned off fs meteo. Of course, this was only one flight that I saw this on.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

These wind direction/speed shifts are a 'feature' of FS9's weather.Because the weather engine in FS9 is so different from that in FS2k2 the work-arounds that FSUIPC, FS Meteo and ActiveSky used in FS2k2 no longer work in FS9.I understand a fix is being sought by Pete, Marc and Damian but I guess it wil not be easy as MS have not yet released and SDK for the weather so these guys are fishing in the dark.IIRC all three state in their documents that there are still unresolved issues with external weather programs and FS9.I have both FS Meteo and now the latest version of ActiveSky. My only flight with AS was last night using VATSIM weather and only encountered a few sharp wind shifts, I suspect where there are a large number of reporting stations close by. The wind shifts did seem to be damped so the effect on the 737 was not as harsh as it could have been.I think for the moment we are going to have to live with it.

Guest ALT260

Ok, thanks for the info guys. It's not what I wanted to hear but at least I know that I'm not getting crazy.