Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hickup4695

Still Can't Download

Guest Hickup4695

Ok, This is getting a little weird. I am not getting any help from home base either. I have a dial up modem and I can't get this thing to download. After 9 hours it just stops and I still have 20 mb to go. I just downloaded another large file from another site not for the 737 but it worked fine. What gives. I sure would like to have this update but I can't get it. Is anyone out there in support. I email and I get (its your problem on your end excuse) if it was on my end how's come I can download other larger files without in HASSLE. Please stand behind your product and tell us what gives with the dial up modem customer. Oh, I am getting about 0.6K when I donwloaded the other mention file above, I get 9 to 15K so I don't believe it is on my end. Give me the CD version or give me liberty LOLDavid

Same problem here, i'm on dial up, i've tried downloading 4 times now amd i'm getting nowhere. Are the servers still 'that' busy? DAP is having problems connecting to the site, constantly switching between the server locations (waiting for reply and connecting to site) every second. site 1 has d/l just over 3mb, the others nothing at all.I'm not one to complain, but on this ocassion, having multiple small download files would have been nice as well for us dialup usersGuess i'll have to keep waiting and trying :-)

Alaister Kay

Hi allI'm ALSO having problems with my d/l via dial-up.The link to the update works fine, I start to download the update using DAP5 (currently 25% downloaded), but as soon as I get disconnected by my ISP, and then try to resume the download, it won't allow me to download the file any more, coming up with the following error:"File download of [PMDG_737_THE_NEXT_GENERATION.ZIP] was not completed successfully. Server has internal error".The only possible way to d/l the file is by remaining on the internet throughout that period of d/l, in short the "RESUME" feature doesn't work (after you've been disconnected).I've tried it many times now, to no avail.Will

Guest diesel10

I've had this problem for 3 days now. I've even tried downloading without DAP and it disconnects about half way thru the d/l. With DAP it hangs with 49% downloaded and won't go anymore. PMDG needs to repackage into smaller files for folks like us without DSL.I too downloaded another large file to see if it was a DAP problem and DAP worked fine with that particular 45mb file. PMDG help us!!!!

Guest Hickup4695

Ok PDMG I see that I am not the only one. Time for some customer service what will you do about this. My biggest problem is last night I tried to download whilst I slept without DaP and AOL is not stable enough on dialup to stay online that long so I am back to the drawing board. The point is, this package is to big and not vaible for us dail up users to download. We loose everything, let me repeat that, we loose everything every time our dial up hickups. I love your product but fill pushed back just because we are left with dial up and you are only catering to your high speed users. I have asked in personal email and post Is there going to be a CD and when? No answer yet. So here we are at the back of the room wondering Will we ever get to use the SU2? Hello anyone out there???Thanks for your responses so far, just need more please.David :]

Guest dirk1000

Hi, WillSame happened to me. Is like DAP manages large files in 4 segments (25% in each).When you downloaded your first stage, you will receive the message "File download of was not completed successfully. Server has internal error". Don

Captains-I've taken the necessary measures to increase the cutoff time for dial-up users to 4 hours. You need to perform your download within that period, else you'll have to re-click on the email link to have it working again.If you try to resume your DAP session after the 4 hour period, it simply won't work - you'll have to restart the session from the email URL. I *think* that DAP will allow you to resume in that situation too.Let us know here if this doesn't solve it for you.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Hickup4695

Ok, it doesn't work the way you say it will I have tried 4 4 hour sessions and it just doesn't work. I can't get the thing to run but 0.9 k and 4 hours only downloads about 2 mb and then boom I am kicked off and its gone. This is really getting serious. I really would enjoy having the finished product of what I bought but that doesn't look like its going to happen. I hope that anyone out there that has a dial up and is wanting to by this bird take notice that they are not set up to handle dial up and seems they have no intentions (4 hour session) to let us dial up users get the program we paid for. So go figure.David

David-"I hope that anyone out there that has a dial up and is wanting to by this bird take notice that they are not set up to handle dial up and seems they have no intentions (4 hour session) to let us dial up users get the program we paid for."it takes REAL internal discipline NOT to be upset by your comments, especially after I've personally spent countless sleepless hours fine-tuning our server for everyone's pleasure.Can you PLEASE tell me what your settings are? If you are on a 14.4k modem line, then I think it would be virtually impossible for you to download...On the other hand, we have PLENTY of 56k dial-up users who HAVE downloaded the product successfully, so I am trying to figure out HOW to help you as well.Please don't make it not seem worthwhile.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Hickup4695

No, I am getting at least 56k on my dial up and I have no problems downloading anything else. Listen please to what we are posting. It is weird when I go to your site with dap it keeps saying cant find the site, then it will show 0.6k download for a second then back to cant find the site. Over and over again. It just doesn't work. The other problem is when I download without dap, your 4 hours sessions leaves me with only about 20 MB downloaded I do get about 6k then, but when your site shuts me out after four hours, I don't have enough time to get the whole package then I have to start all over. The problem is that this is not set up for dial up. And if dial up people are getting please please post to those of us mentioned here, How in the world you are doing it. That is all we have been asking for days now but no repsonse other than you are insulted. I know the feeling my friend.Thanks,David

Hi, I'm still having problems trying to download my update. I'm gonna try to get it downloaded from work, where i can try and use the broadband service. If I can't i'm going away over crombo, so won't be able to download anyway.I have a 56k modem, but when it connects, i'm only getting about 45.5kbps, at the most around 46.6kbps. The main problem with my connection (through btopenworld) is that it is supposed to auto-disconnect after 2 hrs (that takes the P*** at the best of times), but for some reason, it goes, over, sometimes to about 3 1/2 hours, and by that time, DAP almost has it completed, but it then disconnects! (I'm asleep while this happens so i can't reconnect, so I lose the download :-( :-( :-( :-( )Anyway as I say, i'm gonna try from work, if not, after crimbo with my setup again.

Alaister Kay

I'm in exactly the same situation as you Alaister, except I've got this damn internal error popping up therefore preventing completion of the d/l. My ISP (Breathe) also disconnects every 2hrs, and yes I'm able to stay online for about 3 hrs before disconnection. I have wondered about this but it would still be impossible to complete the d/l which takes over 4hrs.Either way I'm in a no win situation.PMDG can you please convert the file into smaller ones say 4 - 5 files, because there is obviously a problem at your end that strangely has never been encountered before.I've given up trying to d/l, once we're being told things are sorted,... I can't be bothered to waste my time.Just as an extra note, other friends who have actually managed to d/l the SU2 file said their file ended up being corrupt, so they haven't had any luck either (even after constantly redownloading it).Food for thought.....Will

Guest Hickup4695

Bet we won't get an answer from them I have asked about chopping this thing up but my reply has been it best suits those with faster modems to leave it the way it is and for 7 days I have been asking about a CD verions no answer. As a matter of fact I have not gotten any answer to why I am only getting 0.6 kb/sec on my download. These guys have more products to sell but if they can't help support not only fast end modems down to us lowly slow end then the will loose alot of business. PDMG please we ask again respond respond to us. You just seem to ignore us or at least tell us you don't have an aswer to our probelm and tuff Sh-- will surfice because that is how I feel right now. Almost forgot now after 4 days I have 10% downloaded and if I spend this next week week and a half downloading this thing, and it doesn't work what then? Do I get my money back?David

This issue really needs to be addressed as dial-up users are increasingly being left out in the cold in the new world of broadband (there are similar problems with other providers eg PSS). I have a 56K modem and if everything goes very well I can download about 18 megs an hour or 72 megs over 4 hours - possibly just enough in this case but it would be tight. Why the 4 hour limit as overnight I can have my dial up connection open for 8 hours or more? If this is too hard to change for some reason why not break the thing into smaller files as done previously?The PMDG 737NG is an outstanding product and so far easily the best heavy iron add on for FS2K4 IMHO so it would very much appreciated if this little irritation could be fixed.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Hickup4695

Here is an update, man I was cranking today. Had about 6.0 kb/sec. (don't laugh, dail up) and was going good. AOL was hanging on and not hanging me up. And then about 22 MB it stops says file donwload complete. Stops. Ok. Almost two hours down the drain, did it again, same results. Is there something wrong with this thing. Why would it be stopping this is well in front of the 4 hour time limit. Then I go back tonight to give it a try. I have been what I call, locked out, explained in a nice email by the PMDG team that after so many times that one uses the download page it locks to keep us from passing it around for security, which you can't blame them. Guys please have pity on us poor and helpless dial up users, please chop that thing up and let us sloow people have a chance at it. I did go over to my friends house who unfortuanltely lives in dial up land and I had the same problem on his dial up with another company other than AOL. Plust on his and mine resume support is no longer accepted so what we get is what we loose. PMDG this tells me that this is got to be in your system, strange how it would happen not only with me but other forum users and then on this othe puter.Thanks,David