Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hickup4695

Still Can't Download

Why don't we just say that Customer support is quite poor. I'm suprised that for how many days this thread has been going, we haven't had questions answered - just left out there, hung up to dry.I wonder if their beginning to think that making the d/l one large file (due to some broadband users finding it silly having to d/l a few separate files) is paying off, I think totally the opposite, and a mistake on their part.I'm sure this thread isn't doing PMDG any good, so maybe they'd like to tell us EXACTLY what is going on and what they're going to do about it, because currently (even after emails to them from myself) we're still waiting for a good answer.ahh.. it's Xmas yes, but some customers might not be able to d/l their xmas presents.PMDG we're waiting for your call.........................................................................................................................................................................

"If you try to resume your DAP session after the 4 hour period, it simply won't work - you'll have to restart the session from the email URL. I *think* that DAP will allow you to resume in that situation too."Ok correct me if I'm wrong, how can one download a file which will take 5hrs on a dial-up, on a limited time of 4hrs? - ANSWER impossible.Maybe if you increase the time limit to something like 6 - 7hrs, then your problems might be solved (or most of them), assuming this "internal error" won't popup................ :-roll

Guest Hickup4695

Will, I will admit that they have been some help when I e-mail them but it is always the same answer which does not help a dial up customer. It is almost like it is beyond them to think that this is not working and the problem has be be on our end. Well I contacted DAP people and the reasurred that it is not DAP if it is working with other downloads. They have set the bandrate (whatever that is) in a range that dial users don't stand a chance in order for broadbanders to get in so quick and out, that it leaves us slow dial up users in the lurch. I can't get the resume to work any longer I can't figure out what happened because when I was able to download at .6 kb/sec I aleast had resume. It took me 4 days to get 10 MB and then due to security and me hitting that link page so many times, they have it set up to shut you out. So I lost all that. Please PMDG answer out question. I asked this question 6 days ago and no answer. Do you feel like to you don't have to answer it, must be. Great customer support I say.David

BUMPCome on guys, we're still waiting for help here.... what's happening?

Gentlemen,If you have still been unable to download the file then send a note to support@precisionmanuals.com this is the primary support for PMDG , not the forum. The forum is primarily for advice from other users. If you had contacted support, I would have sent you a reply telling of our proposed solution. If you would like it, please send us a note with your information and we'll look into it.Paul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Hickup4695

Great news pilots, Sounds as if they might have something in the works for the dial up users, wouln't that be great. Lets wait and see and hope the best. I really believe that they will come through for us. To good of a product not to.David