Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Same Joystick - SU2 first time problems

NEBVER had ANY problems with my new SAITEK joystick (latest drivers too) with the first version of the 737. Now that I have SU2, anytime I have the A/P engaged - the SLIGHTEST quick motion on the joystick will automatically disconnect VNAV & usually will disconnect LNAV. Anyone know why? I NEVER had this problem on the old version! Not only that- in the old version - once I hit the autopilot, the joystick used to have absolutely no ability to input ANY control - in other words, in the old version of the plane, no matter WHAT I did to the joystick, it effected absolutely NO input whatsoever on the aircraft as long as the autopiolt was engaged. Now in the new SU2, I am able to "overide" or "fight with" the autopilot by trying to veto its power with my joystick against the A/Ps brain. It was SO MUCH EASIER when the A/P used to, in essence, disable my joystick. Is this a bug? My same new joystick worked PERFECTLY on the old version! I am 1/2 sorry I upgraded to SU2. I ADIRED the old version! Tonight's flight was a complete nightmare, at least until I figured out why VNAV & LNAV kept disconnecting every 2 seconds! Can ANYONE help me? I am a seasoned veteran at this jet (usually fly atleast hours a week). Something is REALLY wrong for me with the new update. I just want my old reilable plane to work again.Thanks so much!Chris Catalano

I had the Saitek X45 for a few days after my MS Precision 2 stopped working. I had nothing but problems with it receiving input with autopilot on any airplane, even the PMDG with SU1. Not sure what to tell you, but that Saitek wouldn't even stay calibrated for me after a reboot.Maybe someone else with there product has had better luck, but I don't think this has anything to do with SU2.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I have the Cyborg 3D. Is it supposed to be able to offer input with the A/P engaged, or is it not supposed to allow me to do this at all?Thanks for the quick response.Chris

"the SLIGHTEST quick motion on the joystick will automatically disconnect VNAV & usually will disconnect LNAV. Anyone know why?" Well I give it a shot ;) ANYTIME you have the AFDS (Pitch or Roll Modes) in CONTROL of your aircraft and TOUCH the A: TRIM the AP will disonnect.B: Hold PRESSURE in either PICTH or ROLL the AFDS will revert to CWS although the AP will remained engaged but waiting for your inputs el' captain. So, do not touch the controls unless you want control of the plane. Sure this is nill if you have not pitch or roll modes engaged but if you do it's doing what it was mode to do.. EDIT: What went on with SU1-1 simply does not apply any longer, I suggest a reading of the operations manual for further information on aircraft systems.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Randy, does this mean that input into the yoke will send the plane into CWS mode? Is this how the real plane works? I thought it was, but I'm not sure. When I flew earlier, I bumped the CH yoke a few times accidently; I'm not used to it being there :) Anyhow, the AP stayed where it was.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yes that is what the real plane does. You have to apply pressue for at least 2 seconds. Pretty cool eh? The original poster seems to be having the SU2 update blues but hopefully he will unlearn the SU1-1 unrealistic AP handling ;). You have to tell yourself, IF you want control, take control, if not, leave the controls alone, when the AP is in control and you handle the controls, you are saying to the AFDS "I have the aircraft"....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Dear Randy - thanks so much for the needed explanation - onlt the problem is that i DON'T WANT to take control of the plane! I WANT the A/P to do the work! Every time the joystick moves by itself (via force feedback controls), it keeps disengaging - I guess it thinks that someone is moving it manually - but I am NOT. It moves on its own because of the Force Feedback parameters. I guess I don't know what to do because I would like to use the Force Feedback capabilities of the joystick (Saitek Cyborg 3d joystick), but maybe I sadly cannot, because even "hands-off" it will keep disengaging for me. Any ideas?Thanks so much!Chris Catalano