Sign in to follow this  
Guest Art Vandalay

Problem creating SID

Guest Art Vandalay

I tried everything but cant get the following SID to work:SID BAM2C RNW 08 HDG 84 UNTIL 1000 NOTBEFORE 2 FROM NAVAID LND HDG 360 INTERCEPT RADIAL 286 FROM NAVAID LEG NAVAID DOLIT NAVAID RELKO NAVAID BAMKIAlways give me a Error, at NOTBEFORE. Sytax is the same used in the manuals.Any Ideas?ThxArt Vandalay

make a clean install of all.Maybe that works.Because most people how use a new product or a new update have some trobbles the first time. Install it and then re-install it.I do that mostly and it works.Hope it works,Ramon.

Guest Art Vandalay

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunatley this cannot be the problem. I just removed PMDG (with the latest PMDG-Remove-Tool) and re-installed it. Same problem again.Can anybody else confirm that my SID is of the right syntax and should work?Thx,Art

Guest sbrady999

Hi Art,If you've copied that text directly from your SID file then the problem is you need to put a space between NOT and BEFORE. Should work fine then.Cheers,Shane

Guest Art Vandalay

That text is not copied but created by myself according to RL-Charts (the ones included in SU2 for EDDP are wrong and incomplete) as many others create and update the SIDSTAR-Files because that reason.And are you really shure that the correct syntax is "NOT BEFORE" and not "NOTBEFORE". In the official manual (12.03.2003 by Terry Yingling) all examples say "NOTBEFORE" without space?Have you tested that? (I

Guest sbrady999

No problem - the version of the manual i have is dated 12 dec 2003 and it definitely says NOT BEFORE with a space - maybe you have an older version? I know some of the syntax for SID's has changed with the release of SU2. Maybe this is one of them.Anyway, I'm still learning a lot about writing SID's - I'm in the middle of rewriting all the ones for EIDW as like many people I found that they didn't work quite how they should ;-)Does anyone know if there's somewhere on PMDG's website where we can post these or should we just put them up here is AVSIM?Cheers,Shane