Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamieG

Animation Problem with Tail and Horiz Stab

Guest JamieG

Hi yall--sry to bring this up but I noticed the rudder animation and the animation for the Trim is broken. When, (I am on the ground) I move the rudder a full defection, the rudder turns for a minute and then returns to center, even though I am holding down full rudder. In the air the animation works fine--is this maybe an FS limitation because the rudder is not supposed to move with nosewheel in contact with ground?For the TRIM--the stabliizer moves but then immediately snaps back to center, it does move as it should with trim, it starts to move and then goes right back to neutral trim

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi there,you have to turn your electrics on and turn the hydraulic pump switches on to have them move normally.Regards,Bjorn

Guest JamieG

they are all on--it looks like the settings move--just not the animaton?

Guest JamieG

woops forgot to say--thx for the suggestion though--also i had the t/o warning horn come on today when i went for t/o. I double checked everything--Flaps 5 set, Gear Down, A/B at RTO, all lights on, engines at CONT, GENs on Engine 1 and 2, both packs on, Isolation valve auto, and i used A/T TOGA and it gave me the horn--i continued anyway but i woudl like to knwo how to silence the horn--or what made it go off?

Guest Hagar

Jamie,This happened to me too. Urrk..because I forgot the parking brake!So I let it go and took off...horn still sounding. Oops...d

Guest jdrago

This happened to me as well, but it was because I didn't turn on the electrics let. After, all was good.- John

Guest JamieG

lol i think it works correctly for them--mines still broken--all of my stuff is set properly--in terms of the trim animation--the horn thing didnt go off this time--any ideas on the trimmy?

Guest NickF

I have the same problems I think. The stabilizer trim is not smooth for me. If I apply nose down trim the white indicator will move up, but only to fall back to the original position (or somewhere near that. It's impossible to get a smooth stab trim movement. If I look at the stabilzer in Spot plane view while trimming, the stabilizer stutters up and down. playing with the autopilot trim and main electric trim switches doesn't change a thingI have a HOTAS Cougar and I've calibrated it 3 times, and assigned several different buttons to the trim, with the same outcome. I find it hard to believe this is a hardware issue.I know this is not a PMDG bug, so it must be a fault from my side, no?Any suggestions?RegardsNiklas Fridell:-wave Edit: Oops, Sorry Hagar, my response was to JamieG's first message!