Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dino_Giannasi

Pressure - different value in Mb and inHg

Guest Dino_Giannasi

Hello,last night I've installed the SU2 in FS2004. I have an annoying flaw regarding the baro value. As you can see in pic 1 the pressure is mB 1013/inHg 29.92. Then the pressure changes (either manually or by downloading with real-world weather or when flying online), say now it's 990/29.23.In pic 2 I've changed the setting as shown in the PD, but in the s/by alt while the inHg pressure is correct the mB pressure is wrong. There is no way to correct this, and this happens on the ground and in flight, changing with the main baro knob or with the s/by one.A clue may be in pic 3, where I'm just changing the value. From time to time a dark strip appears on the inHg window and so the mB window shows the correct value. Turning the knob again the strip goes away but the mB window returns to show the wrong value.Apart from the dark strip this occurs also in FS2002 with SU1.1. I'm running on Windows 2000 sp4, Athlon 2800, 1Mb Ram, a Radeon 9700 with Omega 2.4.96C (Catalyst 3.9) drivers. Any idea?All the best,Dino Giannasi

Guest Dino_Giannasi

.... Yes, I know this is not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have some words back.Thanks, all the best.Dino Giannasi

Guest lbb

Hi Dino,Just to make sure you get some words back, yes, I too noticed this behaviour. I don't think this area has been updated in SU2, because just yesterday I was going through some of the messages I posted a few months back and I still get the same behaviour. Notice also that there are two pointers and when you change the baro setting in flight the speed drops to zero for a short time.Leo Bakker

Dear Dino-from your pics, it seems that indeed there is a problem.I will take care of this for the next product (800/900).Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest lbb

Well, I just hope you do a better job programming than you do drawing :-)Seriously, it would be nice to see this fixed in the next product, thanks!Leo Bakker

Guest jase439

Leo,Can you explain your las comment about the speed dropping to zero bit? I posted something yesterday about probe heat not working; my airspeed dropped to zero and stayed there for a short time - and I assumed the problem to be related to icing. But maybe not?Jason Barlow

Guest Mark McG

Jason,this is an MS bug, it is not related to the altimeter, but the way MS are now modelling Icing. The probe heat is no longer powerful enough to cope - you need the wing and engine anti-ice on.Merry Christmas.

Guest jase439

I didn't know this about FS9. That's a good bit of knowledge to have squirreled away. Thanks for the tip!Merry Christmas to you also!J

Guest lbb

Hi Jason,Well, in my case it would surprise me if it had anything to do with icing, because it only happens right after I move the standby altimeter knob to a new setting. So what you describe is probably an unrelated phenomenon.Leo Bakker