Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

PLN2RTE Converter available

Didn't find any thread about this yet, so I decided to post one.Today, on www.fsnordic.net I found this converter that converts FS2002/2004 flight plans into PMDG *.RTE format.The file is located in File Library -> New filesMight be useful for those of you who are flying with default ATC...

Guest edrutl

It is also available right here in the AVSIM library.....

Guest rellehenk

Is there also a tool to convert rte to pln so I can put my PMDG route into Active sky 2004?

Guest jase439

Would like to know this also.

Ah, a little bit of humour there, eh Jason? I seem to remember a very useful converter - PIC2FS.exe if I recall - which did exactly that, written by someone called - now what was his name - Jason Barlow maybe?If it's no longer available, maybe Floris could try Ernie Alston's FSBuild 2 which can output identical plans in both *.rte and *.pln (and many other formats) in a single pass. It can also load existing *.pln files and convert them to *.rte.PeteP

Guest rellehenk

I am looking for a RTE2PLN converter so I can use the PMDG flightplan with Active sky 2004 :)

Yes, I know, although I probably confused you by typing the last sentence about FSBuild 2 backwards! It should read "It can also load existing *.rte files and convert them to *.pln." Sorry about that.However, if Jase439's PIC2FS.exe is still around it may well do the job for you.Pete

Guest rellehenk

Oh I am sorry.I forgot that I already made a post in this topic.I'm getting old:-shy But thanks for the info! :D

Guest jase439

I wish I was being cheeky :) The PMDG RTE files are not digestable by PIC2FS. They use their own RTE file format. I could probably update my program to do this, but I'm feeling remarkably lazy and figured maybe somebody out there already went to the trouble ;-). I'm not terribly keen on reverse engineering their new RTE format, but if PMDG is willing to provide me the information, I can easily update the tool.J

FSBUILD 2.1 will save them both in rte and pln format in one run, so no need for conversion ;-)hence FSBUILD will take into account the weather from AS2004 in the flightplan :-)So it can be used for PMDG and AS2004...It works fine for me and a great planner :-)Andr

André

"The PMDG RTE files are not digestable by PIC2FS. They use their own RTE file formatAh, my mistake - I'd assumed they were the same. However, if you do have the time (and/or the inclination ;) ) there looks to be a market here for an updated version of your converter especially for those who don't want to go the payware FSBuild way. Pete