Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

few bugs

hi guysafter that a made a few flight, i must say, that i am having fun flying this 737. a few bug that i noticed.not major problems but should be fixed1. when going for first time into OH panel, ignition switch default position is "IGN L". should be on "BOTH"2. Speedbrakes: if you deploy speedbrakes in the air, you cannot reset them by pressing key assignment. you have to use the Throttle view to put them down. 3. Speedbrakes in "armed" isn't showing on panel. light isn't green (see attachment for referen)4. LOC/GS captured, APP light lits, however it should be on. However landing works perfect. looks like some visual bug5. Once landed, speedbrakes in armed positon are deployed. the funny thing is, then the "armed" light turns on. when it should be off.(see 2nd screen for reference)appart from that, nice so far.cheersMartin

Guest ba747heavy

>1. when going for first time into OH panel, ignition switch>default position is "IGN L". should be on "BOTH"This doesn't matter. In the real plane I doubt that everytime you start the plane up the IGN switch defaults to both.>4. LOC/GS captured, APP light lits, however it should be on.>However landing works perfect. looks like some visual bugCan you explain more? It sounds like the plane is doing the right thing, but I could be wrong.

look at the screenshot "APP" button is dark. it went to dark when localizer was captured.i doubt that this is correct. but it seems to be a visual thing. the aircraft does the right thing.i started the 737NG CBT now. i will come back to this in 20 min.cheersMartin

Guest Iz

Ah, nice, if it weren't for those illegal CBT copies eh!Ignition is never used in the BOTH position during normal operation, only when there is a problem with one of the igniters and maintenance crew placards it to use it in BOTH only. So if you start the thing up, the position is in the position that the previous crew used last.Iz

Guest tmetzinger

Martin, since Avsoft hasn't released the NG CBT yet, and BoeingFlightSafety won't let me have an advance copy.... would you contact me privately about how you got yours?TMetzinger@aol.comTMetzinger@metzair.com.

Guest Iz

Sure guys, it's easy to get 'em, just install eMule. Then again, you can find the PMDG 737 on there as well, while you're busy downloading illegal software.Iz

Guest Iz

Sorry, Randy, that was a bit harsh maybe, but the CBT's are not less copyrighted than your work, and I don't see why it's okay to copy one, and not the other.I bought your product and do think you guys deserve the money for it.

Guest Eternal

>2. Speedbrakes: if you deploy speedbrakes in the air, you>cannot reset them by pressing key assignment. you have to use>the Throttle view to put them down. I can confirm this one... it's pretty annoying :)Patrick

>>Ignition is never used in the BOTH position during normal>operation, only when there is a problem with one of the>igniters and maintenance crew placards it to use it in BOTH>only. So if you start the thing up, the position is in the>position that the previous crew used last.>>Izcopy that ;)cheersMartin

Guest JamieG

yep thats a confirmed FS limitation--to solve it heres what you doExtend:Deploy spoilers (Default [/] key)To retractArm Auto-Spoilers (Default [sHIFT]+[/] Keys)Then disarm Auto-Spoilers (Default [sHIFT]+[/] keys again)This fixes it for the time being what you accomplished by that was this:When you extend the spoilers you move them to the flight detent while in the air--that is not all the way extended--so when you press the [/] key again to retract the spoilers FS thinks you want to fully extend them. But since you cannot pass the flight detent in the air--it keeps them extended. Therefore to get around this, you need to arm the autospoilers--this retracts the spoilers and sets them to arm on contact with ground--then you move the handle to down by disarming the autospoilers--and your back to the down position

Guest JamieG

because i used brackets i had to do it in plain text--thats why it looks funky--now its back to normal for the rest of yall

Boeing does not sell to individuals, so they do not lose revenue from a base that cannot ever purchase, only airlines and certified training centers can purchase licences officialy for Boeing/Wicat CBTs although individuals can purchase other types (non official non Boeing CBTs) like these below (links) but you can always assume UAL or any other airline will not download off some web site for a CBT!. I know some pilots who have them and technically they too are not suppose to have them, but I certainly would not call them theifs. I agree that any software on a web site is a really BAD thing, regardless if one loses revenue or not. This is a difficult problem for companies to deal with. http://cpat.com/fms.htm http://aerosim.com/bizjet/biz_atrnsprt.htm Like I said, I agree that ANY software up for grabs is a bad thing for everyone. I never installed edonkey but it is well known for a freebie software portal, it is a bad program and hurts everyone, not just PMDG. There are many others that also *share/steal" but I will refrain from naming. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg