Sign in to follow this  
Guest moshe_be

Is there offline flight planner?

Guest moshe_be

Which can add fixes and show the distance/course from waypoints, like FSNavigator but without having to open Flight Simulator.I want to find the lat/lon for SID waypoints that are distance/bearing etc. from another waypoint (without COLOCATE).I tried Nav, but I cannot make it to generate database, is there a place I can download Nav database?

Guest bigun

Agree 100%. FSBuild is worth every penny. I use it everytime I fire up FS and the 737NG

Same here, and it has one of the best fuel planners to go along with the excellent flight planner. Ernie Alston has outdone himself with this excellent program.Highly recommend that all PMDG users get this program, can't be beat!! IMHOBob Johnson

Guest Fluxuated

I Agree FSBuild2 is Fantastic.

Guest moshe_be

You cannot add fixes to any point on the map and check the distance/course from previous waypoint on FSBuild, unless I missed something

Guest pagotan

Hi Moshe,Although I agree with all comments made on FSBuild as a flight planner and fuel calculator it is definitely a fantastic tool. I think your question was more towards the programming of terminal procedures. Terry mentioned NAV in his manual however it has its limitation. I personally use NAV25 which you can download on the Hangar section of AVSIM (same site as the one which offers the flight recorder). NAV 25 is much more sophisticated that NAV. You can basically reproduce any terminal procedure graphically then export the procedure in txt format and translate in PMDG language. Very easy to create fixes with intercepts, arcs etc... with a little practice you can reproduce a complicated sid in less than 10 minutes.We are currently developping a multi aircraft terminal procedure creator which will be based on the NAV 25 experience among others.Michael

Guest moshe_be

Yes, so like I asked, is there a way to download waypoint database or to generate one from FS9?When I try to generate, it crashes at some point.

Guest pagotan

If you need a waypoint database you can try DAFIF. To the best of my knowledge there is no BGL extractor for the FS9 database at this stage.By the way the planner I was referring to earlier is different from the one used by Terry although its name is similar. it can be found at http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/nav/Michael

>You cannot add fixes to any point on the map and check the >distance/course from previous waypoint on FSBuild, unless I missed >somethingYou actually can add a fix to any point on the map.Just right mouse click on the Map and a menu will allow you to create a lat/lon waypoint at the exact location you mouse pointer is on the Map.Once added to the plan in 'plan mode' the distance and course from the previous and next waypoints will be shown automatically.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest moshe_be

Thanks for the reply, I hope at some point you will improve the map display to be more like FSNavigator.But for some reason the right click Add Lat/lon to plan is blank... what is needed for it to be enabled?

Guest moshe_be

What is DAFIF and how would I convert it to nav format?

>Thanks for the reply, I hope at some point you will improve the map >display to be more like FSNavigator.I have no desire for Fsbuild-2 to be more like FSNavigator.FSNav's map may look really nice, but really Fsbuild's map in 'plan mode' is a much better Flight Planning tool IMO.>But for some reason the right click Add Lat/lon to plan is blank... >what is needed for it to be enabled?You need to be in 'plan mode' for that feature to activate.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest moshe_be

Doh, never knew there is plan mode :)