Sign in to follow this  
Guest rvdlaak

SID / STARS confusion in SU2

Guest rvdlaak

Hello PMDG,Not meaning to gripe on a brill product, but I cannot get any of the sid/stars to work after installation of SU2. I have read in other posts that I should not need any after the SU2 install, but no matter what airport I use, they all display NONE when trying to select a SID or a STAR. I have just downloaded the EHAM one posted on this group by Dutch Commando, and will be testing that one, but what about the rest - are we waiting for an updated release of these? Just on a "would like to know basis" really - in the meantime I will just use FSNav to plot the whole route ... but some online ctrllers do not like the lengthy route FSNav comes up with very often.I have tried searching the forum for as much info on this with no apparent success - so if there is a thread outlining this please post the URL to avoid duplication of info :-)cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Are you positive you fully removed the older version prior to installing SU2? Do you see a bunch of text files in the FS/PMDG/SIDSTAR folder?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's a first! So you can select the ICAO and runways but no procedures for any airport? I would re-install. Use the romver and go back into the FS main folder and make sure the PMDG folder is REMOVED before installing SU2.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest rellehenk

Do not use the file of Dutch Commando and me please. There are some strange things going on.(I will make a new topic for that)

Guest rvdlaak

OK Randy here goes, much better I must add :-)removed (the removal tool does totally remove the PMDG dir)Reinstalled and the following now exists:1. SIDS/STARS now exist for airports, the ones I tested were ---> EGLL, EHAM, LSGG, these appear OK as options for both SIDS and STARS.---> LSGG only has one STAREDDF gives me the following error message:Err at SID, line 261and results on no SIDS/STARS being available.and EGKK does not have either as well.Question 1: Now that I know it works (with some airports) is it a case of waiting for updates? I appreciate that a central and global SID/STAR may be long in coming, so what would you suggest? Wait ro just try out other SIDS available.Question 2: I presume the PMDG SIDS/STARS that were available prior to SU2 are now obsolete - am I correct?cheers for your help Randy (quick as always) - at least the re-install now shows some SIDS&STARS :-jumpy http://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest Notnam

Just would like to add that you are not alone with this problem, I too can see all of the SID/STARS in the PMDG folder but cannot get them to show in the FMC ???Unfortunately RW commitments at the moment mean I can't do a lot of testing, but I'd be interested in a cause / resolution to this one.BTW, just in case enough people havn't said so already, this thing rocks !!! :-)Best RegardsPaul Manton