Sign in to follow this  
Guest HansGroenewold

OK, I give up, where is it ? TO/GA Question

Guest HansGroenewold

Greetings,I just installed the update and had a question. In the old version, if you wanted to just take off without a flight plan and use the AT and not program the FMC, I did the following: Set speed, turn off/on the generators, hit the FD and AT buttons, then hit the N1 and she was good to go down the runway. That doesn't seem to be the case now. Is there is separate TO/GA button somewhere that I can't see. I can't for the life of me find it if in fact, there is one. I know you have to use TO/GA mode for under 400ft. but I could use a little help here, please?Thank you for your help.Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Guest ba747heavy

Hans,Top left screw of the MCP.

Guest jason2112

I read that in the manual, but WHY? Is there no TO/GA button on the real plane? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just getting into this plane - and LOVE it!Volker Jansen

There is a TOGA button in the real plane, and if you go to the VC, you can see exactly where (little black buttons on the throttle handles). This location is a bit awkward for the 2D cockpit though, so we placed it on the MCP for convenience.You can use the TOGA buttons in the VC (they are clickable ;-))VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gifhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Yes but they are located on the throttle levers themselfs (On top and impossible to simulate), this is a compromise in both limitaion and convenience ;), you CAN use them on the virtual cockpit's throttle position though![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest jason2112

Wow, that was fast! Thank you both :) I'm really happy with the 737NG, it's the first airliner that I really like to fly. Add the free liveries and the fantastic support by dedicated users and beta testers ... wonderful!VOlker :]

Guest HansGroenewold

Thanks Guys,I really appreciate the quick and kind response. I was almost expecting a scolding for not reading the manual, which I did do to find this. I looked and looked and just could not find it. A screw on the MCP, I was looking right at it. My compliments on the plane, it doesn't get much better than this. Thanks again.Sincerely,Hans Groenewold