Sign in to follow this  

Best Detonator Drivers for GF2?

Guest Max Cowgill

I've done several searches on this subject and I know it's been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find an exact answer. After trying several Dets I'd like to know which drivers other GF2 owners are using to get the best performance/image quality in FS2k2. I was using the 12.90's for awhile, then I tried the 29.42's, and now I'm using the 23.12's but I wonder if any of these is truly the best driver for GF2s in FS2k2. I do play other games such as JKII, RTCW, and Half-Life/TFC, but FS2k2 is the only game that I'm even worried about performance in so I don't really care if the optimal driver for FS2k2 for GF2s isn't the optimal driver for other games. I could care less about 3dmark scores, btw.Max Cowgill

I haven't tried the 29.42's as I have had excellant performance with my current drivers and if it ain't broke, I don't see a reason to try and fix it.I have a GeForce2 GTS Pro 64mbI am using the 23.11's.Regards,Joe :-waveEdit:I should add that tomorrow I will upgrade the dx to 8.1 b, and I may try the 29.42's as Paul is stating good results..http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest PaulL01

>I've done several searches on this subject and I know it's >been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find an exact >answer. After trying several Dets I'd like to know which >drivers other GF2 owners are using to get the best >performance/image quality in FS2k2. I was using the 12.90's >for awhile, then I tried the 29.42's, and now I'm using the >23.12's but I wonder if any of these is truly the best >driver for GF2s in FS2k2. I do play other games such as >JKII, RTCW, and Half-Life/TFC, but FS2k2 is the only game >that I'm even worried about performance in so I don't really >care if the optimal driver for FS2k2 for GF2s isn't the >optimal driver for other games. I could care less about >3dmark scores, btw. >>Max Cowgill Hi Max,Edit:Sorry Max, that coparison was based on a GF3. :-rollFollow the Driver link below in my sig, follow it and scroll to the bottm or so and it will take you to a very decent comparison of 20 some odd drivers from 12xx to 27 or 28xx, there are very good benchmark scores to compare D3d and OGL. As far as 3Dmark2001 scores go, you should be looking at the individual D3D game scores as the comparisons will help you determain what drivers will be better than others for Fs2k2 Bla bla bal...:)

Im with the "If it ain't broke" theory.Im using the drivers that Xp installed and they keep my FS2002 very happy. I have tried 23.11 and the newest and i seem to keep going back to the Xp drivers.P4 2.2 ghzAsus P4S533G/F 2Pro 64meg DDR (The drivers call it a GTS though)Drvr's are 5.1.2001.0 Xp Publisher512 meg Samsung PC2700 DDREd#2:-beerchug

I'm using 23.11...I've tried others and just didn't have the consistency, smoothenes and framerates the 23.11 provided meAthlon 1.0GHZIWILL KA266R plus512MB Micron PC2100 DDRGF2 GTS 64MB (23.11)Sound Blaster Pro PCI 51260GB HDD @ 7200RPMLite-on 16x10x40 CD-RWWinXP Pro, DX 8.1, IE 6.01600x1200x32 desktop 1600x1200x32 FS2k2