Sign in to follow this  
Guest A340-300 fan

Help with fuel

Guest A340-300 fan

i was doing a flight today and my engines failed because i forgot to turn on the center pumps and i dont know how to. so what do i do when my main tanks 1 and 2 are close to being depleted. im gonna try to do the flight again except ill take the 6:30 am flight, hopefully ill be able to wake up in time.adamYou cant truley understand flying until you have actually tasted and felt it.

Guest A340-300 fan

i mean, what do i do if my center tank is close to being depleted? adamYou cant truley understand flying until you have actually tasted and felt it.

Nameless,If there is any fuel in the centre tank you have to burn it first, this is done by activating all fuel pumps. The system then burns the centre tank fuel first automatically, and that one being empty it will automatically continue with burning the wing tanks fuel. You may then turn off the centre tank pumps.Regars,Markus

Markus Burkhard