Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

To Heather 636

You recently responded to my post regarding my frustration with down loading planes that did not work. Being new to FS2002 and this forum, I did not know how to go about making the planes workable.Thanks to your advice, I have now managed to get six of my downloaded planes working! I think I have the hang of it now.I appreciate you being patience enough to take the time to explain the process to a newby. Some people would not have been so kind.Again, thank you so much. I hope I can call on you again if I need more help.

Heather is swiftly becoming the Ann Landers (RIP) of the flightsim world. I think Avsim should give her a job. This is how the front page may look from now on:"Dear Heth,However hard I try, I can't get any satisfaction from my R4D-6. Is it me, or should I talk to my maintenance crew? Could it be because my grandmother was married to a McDonnell? I was abused as a child, but only because I set fire to my father's Stearman. What should I do?Regards, Flapsdownmostly""Dear Flaps, Now don't get upset, hun. Just because you have the navigational skills of a demented cricket and you think GPS stands for Go Park Somewhere, doesn't mean you're a total loser. You're just a nerd. Keep taking the tablets, reboot your system and have a nice cry now and again. Toodaloo for now!Heth"Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Heather 636

LOL! Mark, you nut! Me!?? As an Anne Landers!!?? Now just because my middle name IS Anne, don't be getting any ideas. I just try to help where I can.And Red, you might be surprised to learn that I almost passed you by, thinking to myself, someone else will answer; but then I had to remind myself, I was there one time, and I do indeed know how frustrating it can be when you have a problem that you can't figure out and no one is there to help.As we become more experienced with manipulating all the bells and whistles of FS2000/2, we start to take for granted the newer arrivals to our hobby and forget that we were all beginners at one time, looking up to those more advanced just hoping that they would take a bit of time to pass on what, being so simple to them perhaps, may seem insurmountable to a beginner.Thank YOU Red for the very nice reply and reminding me that while we all may teach, at the same time are we taught, in many ways. I am far from being "All Knowing" about FS2002, but feel free any time you have a question, give me a yell. Can't guarantee an answer, but between myself and everyone else here, we'll sure try. No such thing as a stupid question except the one that goes unasked.Cheers!Heather

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Heather, I've been rather busy recently, between my horses, and sending my second novel off to my agent -- however, I still manage to cruise the FS boards everyday and dl a nice aircraft here and there; although my FS time has been limited recently. So, here goes: Heather, you are a class act! You do nice stuff for the FS group . . . keep it up. It's individuals like yourself who keep this hobby interesting, fun and exciting. And love your signature!Best RegardsClayton T.DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Sir for your kind words, VERY much appreciated.I must admit that between the addiction I have developed to downloading, scanning the forum for, well, what would be the opposite of "damsels in distress", and just general fraternizing with all the wonderful people of this community, I don't get in anywhere near the flying time I would like with DC-Airways. But then, I derive just as much pleasure and entertainment from being a part of AVSIM so, that's what it's all about, no?When it comes to airplanes, I have discovered that the pleasant comeraderie is pretty much the same despite the surroundings; whether it be an FBO, an airfield, the local hangar, or a flight-sim forum, 99% of all aviators are pretty great people.Pretty tough act to follow though, filling the shoes of the late Ann Landers, whew! God rest her.Sincerely, Heather ShermanP.S.; I cannot help but assume by the "Major, USAF (retired) and the email addy of B52Drivr@aol.com that you were a member of our great US military forces that give so much of their own personal time and lives, and even those sometimes, to keep our country the great nation that it is. From one patriotic American, Thank YOU Sir.