Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cumulo

VC calls

Guest retard_retard_retard

Hi PMDG, i know it has been ouched on already but i'm certain that i had the 80kts, v1, rotate calls present in the Virtual cockpit with SU1 and now with SU2 they have dissapeared.i'm aware that your wating for SDK's and things for other sounds but if these were present in SU1 can the not be made to work in SU2.Or is there just a problem with my set up and these should still be there?As i fly mainly VC i swapped the sounds for some with british accents that i got somewhere else by just re nameing them. Have i possibly messed something up here that SU2 relies on for proper installation?and help is appreciated........thanks.Callum.

Guest radarbeam

I noticed that too.Nick

bump

This has been discussed many times since SU2's release. Right now we cannot have the **cockpit sounds** other than in the 2D cockpit or they will be heard in ALL views including spot view etc. This *may* change if the MS SDKs give more information that is not already known. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest jase439

The 2D cockpits give nearly twice the performance anyway (not to mention, the cockpit views are stellar). With ActiveCamera 2004, you get all the wing views you want anyway (and apparently, you get all the sounds too). I abandoned the VC a long time ago and haven't looked back. It's a beautiful VC - one of the best around IMO - but I find VC's more useful in GA craft.

forgive me but i dont understand why it can not be done in SU2 when it was correct in SU1, or am i going crazy and there actually were no VC sounds in SU1?i'm not going on about air con and APU sounds like i have read in other threads but only the Vspeed calls which i'm certain were in the old version. Have things changed so much scince the last version that old content cannot be implemented in this release?rgds,Callum Richardson

Guest ba747heavy

Callum -Ok, here is the sound breakdown:SU1: All sounds, all viewsSU2: 2D panel is all sounds, other views not all soundsThe reason is that Microsoft has implemented there SDK in such a way that you can either have sounds in all views, or just forward view. No way around this, until M$ releases the proper SDKs, and one can only hope there is a facility to improve on this.PMDG chose to go with sounds justi n the forward view because this is more realistic. If you are outside the plane, hearing the callout '2500' is just a bit wierd. So in the interest of realism, it was done this way.If you agree or not is another story ;)

Guest mike_cyul

I too was very disapponted that there are no callouts in the VC - just when almost everything becomes clickable and useable! Big disappointment - but in the interim, I've implemented a workaround: I'm using Flight Deck Companion (FDC)'s ability to make the callouts (skipping the checklists, however). Not perfect, but better than nothing, and actually perhaps a bit more realistic in some ways, judging by the DVD's I've bought. Still missing some important sounds, though, like A/P disconnect. I certainly hope PMDG finds a way to implement the sounds back into the VC.PMDG files for FDC are available on Avsim.I prefer the VC, as when I was learning to fly IRL (just a PPL), my instructor beat it into me that it is as important to keep your head out of the cockpit as in - and I'm not comfortable unless I can keep my head on a swivel, especially in traffic areas. But that's just me.Mike F.

Guest HepburnUGA

>PMDG chose to go with sounds justi n the forward view because>this is more realistic. If you are outside the plane, hearing>the callout '2500' is just a bit wierd. So in the interest of>realism, it was done this way.>>If you agree or not is another story ;)lol, I think that being outside of the plane to hear a 2500' callout is hardly realistic. I like to fly in the cockpit, and I have to believe there are others out there like me ;) I understand that at the current time that having both is impossible. If this continues to be true in the future will you please look into make this an option from the PMDG dropdown menu??Again, fantastic product!!Thanks,Jeff

Dear PMDG Guys,provided I don't find it wierd to hear the calls outside the cockpit (I'm rarely outside when landing :-)) because I'm used to it from other planes anyway:Is there any panel.cfg edit/workaround that makes you hear the sounds in VC as well?Alex

Guest mike_cyul

Yup, if there is ANY way possible to have the choice between either the 2D or VC, that would be great.And seems to me that it's still possible to talk to FS2004 ATC from outside the plane, and no one objects.... :)Still an incredible job and a beautiful sim, needless to say!Mike F.

ok Fred , thanks for your "breakdown".i'll be sure to tell all the kids back in nursery...

Guest HepburnUGA

I hate to bump, but...well...you know...Jeff

Guest Claude troncy

Bonjour Randy.Are we supposed to have calls in the 2D landing view panel?That doesn't work for me.merciClaude Troncy