Sign in to follow this  
FS4

v1.2 and controlling with keyboard

I have an external radio/autopilot panel that uses a keyboard interface. Will v1.2 allow radio tuning/auto pilot control/lights etc. with keyboard commands? If so, is it possible to change the key assignments? Thanks.

Guest tmetzinger

>I have an external radio/autopilot panel that uses a keyboard>interface. Will v1.2 allow radio tuning/auto pilot>control/lights etc. with keyboard commands? If so, is it>possible to change the key assignments? Thanks.>>between PMDG and a REGISTERED version of FSUIPC you should be able to map nearly all the functions you want to keystrokes, and then have your controller generate those keystrokes.It'll be a bit complicated because you'll have three processes "listening" for keystrokes:FltSimFSUIPCPMDGAnd you'll have to be careful to avoid duplicates.

Thanks for the reply. The problem I am having with the previous version is that the autopilot does not use the FSUIPC calls (i.e. AP PANEL SPEED etc.) and even if I assign a key, it still won't control the 737NG autopilot and other functions. Any other ideas and again does anyone know if v1.2 allows this?

Guest Raafie75

The main things you can't control via keyboard are the overhead panel, FMC and some of the other misc. panels. We are hoping PMDG will implement this in the future!Alot of the default functions within MSFS that are in the 737 TNG use the same FSUIPC commands. The radio stack and lighting I have been able to control through FSUIPC with FSBUS.Regards,

>The main things you can't control via keyboard are the>overhead panel, FMC and some of the other misc. panels. We are>hoping PMDG will implement this in the future!>>Alot of the default functions within MSFS that are in the 737>TNG use the same FSUIPC commands. The radio stack and lighting>I have been able to control through FSUIPC with FSBUS.>>>Regards,>Brad,Thanks for the help. How are you interfacing the program with flight sim? Is FSBus simulating keystrokes and then fsuipc is driving it (i.e. the letter 'A' is assigned to com1 increment up) or does your rotary encoder drive fsuipc directly (i.e. when you turn the rotary encoder clockwise, it sends a pulse through FSBus that fsuipc recognizes as com1 increase?)? I have started a radio panel that uses a keyboard chip that sends one keystroke when I turn my rotary encoder clockwise and a different key when I turn it counter clockwise. However, you can't turn it too fast or it will skip strokes. It works for radios, but for turning course selectors or autopilot headings, etc. , it takes a lot of time. Is FSBus faster and can you explain in more detail how to do it?I am trying to make a radio/auto pilot/mcp panel/lights using buttons and rotary encoders. Like I said, I have started wiring the keyboard interface, but if FSBus is better/faster/easier, I would like to start over before I put too much time in my current idea.Thanks again.

bump>>The main things you can't control via keyboard are the>>overhead panel, FMC and some of the other misc. panels. We>are>>hoping PMDG will implement this in the future!>>>>Alot of the default functions within MSFS that are in the>737>>TNG use the same FSUIPC commands. The radio stack and>lighting>>I have been able to control through FSUIPC with FSBUS.>>>>>>Regards,>>>>>Brad,>>Thanks for the help. How are you interfacing the program with>flight sim? Is FSBus simulating keystrokes and then fsuipc is>driving it (i.e. the letter 'A' is assigned to com1 increment>up) or does your rotary encoder drive fsuipc directly (i.e.>when you turn the rotary encoder clockwise, it sends a pulse>through FSBus that fsuipc recognizes as com1 increase?)? >>I have started a radio panel that uses a keyboard chip that>sends one keystroke when I turn my rotary encoder clockwise>and a different key when I turn it counter clockwise. >However, you can't turn it too fast or it will skip strokes. >It works for radios, but for turning course selectors or>autopilot headings, etc. , it takes a lot of time. Is FSBus>faster and can you explain in more detail how to do it?>>I am trying to make a radio/auto pilot/mcp panel/lights using>buttons and rotary encoders. Like I said, I have started>wiring the keyboard interface, but if FSBus is>better/faster/easier, I would like to start over before I put>too much time in my current idea.>>Thanks again.>>