Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andreu

Panels HELP

Guest ba747heavy

Andreu,Standby for my next tutorial, due out xmas, for some help. I have included pictures, I think, of everything in the preflight phase. Maybe not a switch by switch 'click guide', but enough so you can learn the names of the various switches.As to a road map that tells you where everything is, sorry, I cannot think of one off of the top of my head. However, THAT would be a fine addition to my tutorial. I will make one and include it with it :)

Well I'll try my best to answer the questions off the top of my head. :)>Problem is that I keep reading things like: "move the fuel>cutoff switches to off", my goodnes!!! where are those>switches???? I know they must be in the Throttle panel but...>where precisely??? What do they look like??They are switch levers that look sort of like an "L" if I recall. Right at the base of the throttle. If the throttle levers were at idle, it'd be right below the handle. Sorry, I'm at work so I can't take a picture.>Another one: "move the 3 ISO valves to auto"... again: where>are they?????? what do they look like????????I'm not really sure what you mean here. There's an isolation valve in the pneumatic control panel on the overhead. Switch it to auto I guess? That's the middle position. It's left of the pneumatic pressure gauge.>"Turn on the probe heat..." what

overhead.jpgOk, here ya go: Make sure fuel flow is on (CTRL+SHIFT+F4)1. Turn on the battery switch2. Start the APU, wait for the EGTs (the gauge above) to stabilize3. When the light above this switch turns blue, flip that switch.4. Flip this switch down to allow the APU bleed air in5. Turn the isolation valve to auto and watch for pressure increase in the gauge above (both needles - may only look like one big one)6. Turn switch to GND, wait for engine to start7. When light above switch turns blue, flip on8. Turn switch to GRN, wait for engine to start9. When light above switch turns blue, flip on10. Flip switch down11. Flip switch up12. Flip switch down13. Flip switch offIf memory serves me, you should be started now. There's more to it to do it as in real life but that should get you in the air.

Hi Ian,That's a great quick-start tutorial. Thanks!Bruce.

Guest Andreu

Thanks a lot Fred!!!!I

Guest Andreu

Ian, THANKS a lot!!!A great help, really. However, my question remains: how, where, did you learn all this?? Unless, of course, you are a real 737 pilot!!Thanks againAndreu

Guest sj3

Andreu: I'm not understanding your problem? I never saw the inside of a 737 cockpit before and am not a genius! I had only taken some of the private pilot and instrument lessons in FS (hopefully you have also). From a read of Tim Metzinger's tutorial (in the library here) and about 2 or 3 hours of my time, I was in the air and on my way from St. Louis to Charlotte (that's the flight Tim takes us on). He tells you what panel you need (overhead, main, etc.), shows you what the panel should look like and basically leads you by the hand on a flight starting cold&dark at a gate.If you don't know where a switch is, look for it. You will almost certainly know what panel to look on as Tim spells it out. Be patient with yourself. If you didn't want to do some of this stuff yourself, you wouldn't have bought this beautiful aircraft. You would be using FS's default 737 and let FS autostart the engines for you. Look at the switches yourself; you will find them. I have not yet cracked open the official manuals yet but look forward to it. Up to now, Tim has been my only guide and I am having a blast. Although he has not yet completed his SU-2 tutorial, I was able to use his existing on to successfully fly his flight in SU-2 and land safely. No insurance payouts! I am looking forward to flying Fred's tutorial.Get flying, already!!sj MantelKEWR

Andreu,Most of what I learned I learned from other addons, namely Captain Sim's 727 because once you learn what the systems do, the start sequence is pretty much the same between all Boeings.The rest I learned from Tim's tutorial which, for the most part, still applies to SU2. Once you get the basics down with the tutorial, trial and error will eventually lead to an understanding, then it sundenly becomes very easy :)

Guest Andreu

sjMantel and Ian,my most sincerest thanks.I was trying to find my way using only the Operations Manual; obviously, this is not the way to go.It was only yesterday that I learned about Tim