Sign in to follow this  
Bill McQueen

3rd party traffic.dll after install?

I had to format my HD a few days ago and I am going through the process of reinstalling everything. I installed FS2002 and everything went well the first time it ran. On the second time I try to run the program it keeps giving me the following message "MS has detected 3rd Party Software that may not be compatible with this version of software" and points to the traffic.dll file. It gives the option of "Yes" to load it anyway or "no" not to load it. It does not matter what I press it shuts down after this. I have loaded this software numerous times before and this is the first problem I have ever had with it. Any suggestions?

Check your fs2002modules folder for the traffic.dll file. It should be:Ver: 8.0.0.10919.01Date: 9/19/2001Time: 7:00PMThe date and time might vary with different batches. If yours is different, try retrieving a fresh copy from your CDs using Winzip or another unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for traffic.dll.If you have added any third party AI or other modifications, you might try removing them before you replace the traffic.dll file. The error message may be referring you to traffic.dll because traffic.dll cannot read the offending data coming from somewhere else.

Guest UweR

Hi, for sure the traffic.bgl is replaced by the "World of Chapsendor" addon, do you have that installed?Best Regards, UweEdit: Just re-read you post and saw that you reinstalled both OS and FS2002. Restoring the file from the CDs is probably the best solution, may have been corrupted.

Hi, If you are running Windows XP and have installed the Beta Service Pack 1 this what would be causing your problem. If it is then simply locate the FS2002.exe file in your FS folder , right click and select the compatibility tab and tick the "Run this program in compatability mode for :" and select Windows 2000.Bill