Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Kellett

SU1

Guest Bob Kellett

Does anyone in the forum still have SU1? I would dearly love to get a copy of it, as SU2 has way too many problems for me to use it. I get constant crashes to desktop when starting with a PMDG plane, in-flight crashes to desktop, autoland feature that just will not work no matter what. I would be most grateful if someone has saved a copy of SU1 and could send it to me. At least I would be able to fly the plane (I had NO problems with SU1!) I have contacted the support team and they have not replied. All I want is to be able to fly or get my money back, even if it is SU1. Thanks. This is not a reflection on PMDG, the upgrade just doesn't work on my machine! Bob Kellett

Bob-Distribution of the file to you directly is a violation of PMDG's copyrights and would subject you and the distributor to criminal prosecution...You read the license agreement, right?Sounds to me like you have some stored *.sit files that you might want to hunt down and delete, Bob... they are FS9 artifacts that cause just the kind of problems you describe.If you need further help, let us know- but don't break the law. Theres a dozen or so folks who have learned during the past few weeks that it gets expensive when you have to explain IP Theft.... ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Bob Kellett

Why, you stole my money! I tried to fix it by deleting the .sta files as suggested but it didn't work. I don't want to break the law, I just want what I paid for. Why don't YOU send me SU1 then? You are familiar with internet commerce laws I presume? I have asked and asked for help with no replies. I have contacted support with no replies. All I want is what I paid for already, and I don't need veiled threats. Refund my money if you cannot make the product workBob Kellett

Bob,Have you tried completely uninstalling everything - FS, all your addons etc and then starting from scratch with just FS and the NG? You have something corrupted within FS somewhere - those problems are not the result of the SU2 upgrade - the autoland in particular has NEVER failed on me, even back as far as the original 1.0. Please try a clean install before you give up on SU2...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Bob Kellett

Ryan, Thankyou for trying to help. I will try to explain everything I have done to this point. I just bought a top of the line Dell computer. I installed a clean FS2004, no add-ons. I installed a fresh download of SU2. If I remove the NavData file, I can load the PMDG planes right away. If I don't, I have to start with a default plane and switch to the PMDG plane. During any flight, most things go smoothly (a couple of crashes during two flights), but I have never autolanded it with SU2. With SU1 I always did with no problem. I have read the tutorials and manuals and followed everything to the letter, still no luck. I get a LOC signal, and a G/S signal. Everything is good until right before touchdown, the plane speeds up and climbs like crazy. (No I am way above the alpha mark!) Nothing I try seems to work! I just want to fly this beautiful plane or get my money refunded.Bob Kellett

Guest Bob Kellett

Randy, I don't like being threatened by Randazzo. I stole nothing. All I want is a plane that works! All I know is I gave PMDG $39 for a product that does not work. I have asked for help and received none. If you guys can make it work, great! If you can't, refund my money!Bob Kellett

Hey I can understand your frustraion Bob, but Rob was was only pointing out the implications of file transfers. It's not his fault people do not back up thier files aven though it is cleary stated to do so. On the subject of refunds, when you hit the purchase button, it says no refunds. What more does one need to know? It's certainly not PMDG's fault people do not read instructions or warnings. Now there seems to be a problem for you, that is clear enough. I do not have any of your problems, in fact, the majority of users do not. So we need to hunt down what exactly is the causing factors. Only you can provide all the details to make this possible to reproduce. But let's do this without the frustration and see if there is a way to work it out and get you up and running. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Bob Kellett

Back up WHAT files? It was a clean SU2 install on a brand new computer with a clean FS2004! What more can I do than that? I DID read the instructions! The product does not work as advertised!! I have tried since day 1 of the SU2 release to get help from PMDG! I realize that there are laws to protect electronic download purchases because the seller cannot get his product back. But I also know that there are some fairly strict ecommerce laws that are in place to protect the buyer as well. I am not the only person that has these problems....Read the other posts concerning CTD!Bob Kellett

It is clearly stated that you should back up (SU1) files in cases such as this. I have my SU and original files on Disk. It works as advertized for many folks including me. Sure there are some CTDs Bob, in fact a *few* of those were because of MS's fall textures! So just because someone states they have a CTD does not always imply it's a SU2 problem? There is a thread here that went on just like yours, the guy was convined it was SU2, he found out it was a corrupt FSUIPC file. Takes time too locate the issue Bob. It's another story if one is convinced, like I have said, I run FS2004 only, I have the 737 is my DEFAULT AIRCRAFT, it loads fine, I have not had a CTD or lockup. This teels me we need to dig deeper and locte just what you are running differently than me and fix the problem. Sound like a plan? Believe it or not Bob, PMDG desire to have you running too, not leave you hanging...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest EricL

> I just bought a top of the line Dell computerThis should ring a bell. You may very well have a hardware problem (even if you don't notice anything elsewhere). Also, I suppose you had Windows pre-installed (including Dell specific stuff). Have you checked your graphic drivers (should be nVidia 52.16 or Catalyst 3.1)I suggest you test the 737 on your old machine if you still have it, or on a friend PC. I bet you it's all going to work no problem.Eric.

Guest BernBear

Pardon me for jumping in Randy, butwhile I fully agree that Bob's Problems are probably not the fault of SU2 (I don't know anything else, just bought the PMDG 737 and it works mostly fine for me) I also think that Mr. Randazzo's post is a good example of how NOT to treat customers.His post is not only very unhelpful to a user who is probably already pulling his hair out, because he can't seem to get SU2 to work, but also needlessly harsh and IMHO a little thoughtless. (NO personal offense intended!)Calling Bob's asking for an earlier service update "IP Theft" is extremely far fetched and at least a mild insult to a paying customer. After all Bob has paid for the product and is entitled to the service upgrades, so he is definitely not attempting to steal PMDG's intellecutal property. Besides, at least here in Switzerland, any provision in a license agreement that prohibits me from installing somebody elses distribution file of any software that I have correctly licensed and paid for would be null and void. Here I can legally install e.g. Windows XP from a friend's CD if I broke mine, as long as I use my own activation code and have proof of purchase for the product. Such behavior is also most definitely not a copyright violation here.Why not give him that older upgrade and then let him come back here for help after he realizes that the problem lies somewhere else? Why not attempt to calm the customer and make him happy again instead of infuriating him further with such a reply? Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the PMDG 737 and would recommend it to anyone who asks (in fact I'll even upgrade my hardware, at least partly because of PMDG), but PMDG's customer relations certainly have room for improvement. I admit that I too would probably blow my top upon reading legal threats as a reply to a call for help.Best regardsMax (Bern, LSZB)ActiveSky 2004 Beta Team

Max,the correct forum to request support is thru our support@precisionmanuals.com email address. To post a request asking anyone for a file on this public PMDG forum is a request to have a file sent from a non-PMDG source, which is prohibited. The forum is a means for customers and PMDG members to communicate which often times will include request for help, which we gladly provide. This help is often provided by other customers or by PMDG staff who may not have all of the knowledge that our support staff have complied. On the occasion when this help does not help our customers, contacting support thru the support email address will bump it up to a high level of visibility which could lead to a faster resolution of problems.As far as customer relations is concerned, we have always kept our valued customers informed whenever an issue that impacts them arises and we are not shy on stating why a particular problem exsists. We pride ourselves in providing the utmost in after sales customer care and only feel the need to handle situations with a firmer hand when the situation warrents. Asking for PMDG files from any source other than PMDG, that are only available once a customer makes a purchase, is prohibited. Again, the correct avenue for this would be support@precisionmanuals.com.Without an email address, which we would get by the customer contacting our support staff, providing files is kinda tough.

Guest Bob Kellett

Pete, I have contacted support, they have my email. Randazzo emailed me, so I know he also has it. In case anyone else needs it, it isatlantis@opticsmall.com Max, Thankyou for your support, you explained exactly how I am feeling.ActiveSky is a class act!Bob Kellett

Guest BernBear

Pete,Of course the points your are making are very valid and of course I would never honor the request of another forum user for an installation file, since I have no way of knowing if the person really did purchase the product.I also strongly think that Bob's reaction would have been entirely different if you had been the first to reply to him.Your post says it all in aver professional tone and it would immediately have de-escalated the situation. You know, receiving a polite explanation (like yours)of the situation and instructions on what to do, instead of Mr. Randazzo's harshness and legal threats might make all the difference in the world to a frustrated customer.As for the support, so far I have not needed any after sales support (all the information I needed so far was in the FAQ's, docs and in the forum), but my email to PMDG support with the question of how to order with an unusually short first name went unanswered for four days (and remains so to this day), so I decided to also post the question on the forum, where I got help from another forum member within a couple of hours.Now that completes my $0.02 worth of customer relation advice (I deal with frustated users on a daily basis in our data center). Again, please do not take any of this personallyLet me close on an up note :-) with lots of praise for the PMDG 737. So far I am just scratching the surface, but the plane adds a great deal to the FS9 expierience and I am already looking forward to and will most definitely buy the -800 and the upcoming 747.Best regardsMax (Bern, LSZB)Very satisfied PMDG 737 SU2 userActiveSky 2004 Beta Team member