Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

surprised

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the news that Jan Visser's gmax version of the R4d has been cancelled by Roy chaffin! I'm not happy with this announcement after seeing all the work that Jan has put into the gmax version Roy just cancelled it. Its not right. I understand the problem from the announcement but the work is done why not let it be finished with this last update? If any of you have been following the work on the Gmax version you'd see why I'm upset. It was one of the best planes done as far as i'm concern'd fininshes right up there with Rob Youngs and others version of the falcon 50, whats the flight sim world coming to when things like this happen! Sam

TimThanks I was on last night and it wasn't there and then the message thanks for the post Sam

This Roy guy sounds like a complete idiot. "Donationware". Thats a new term for me. I take it that it means, if you want a product, you HAVE TO donate. I'm all for giving to charities but 1. an airport museum is not a worthy charity. 2. I will only donate IF I want to. Not because I am told I must. I don't know Roy and I don't know Jan. But this event is soley Roy's loss. Not the simming community. On top of that. I doubt that there was any really guarantee that the money was actually going to a charity.

Guest Tim W

I am not in anyway defending Roy and the "donationware" situation, but I can assure you that as Bill is heavily involved in the MAAM that the money does in fact go to the upkeep of the real aircraft.I am a good friend and neighbor of Jan's and have been quite heavily involved with Jan's end of the project and it's testing. Neither of us would condone any suggestion that the money raised from the R4D project was not going anywhere other than where it was intended.regardsTimEHAM

Guest Tim W

Sam,Your welcome!RegardsTim