Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Question About Opening and Closing FWD and AFT Doors

I think this is more of an FS defect than anything, but maybe someone here can offer insight. I've noticed that if you are in spot view and you open doors *other* than the "main" door (whatever SHIFT+E+1 is bound to) and then you switch to the main panel, you can never toggle anything but the main door again (unless you reload the aircraft or restart your situation). SHIFT+E+2 will instead close the main door, as will SHIFT+E+3, and 4 and 5 and so forth - but you can never again toggle the state of the AFT door - it remains perpetually open for the balance of the flight.I have tried the suggested fixes of remapping the open/close keys with no avail. It's very consistent behavior. I can open/close multiple exits PROVIDED I don't switch into the panel view. Once I load the panel, I can only control the primary exit regardless of the key sequence I use.Jason Barlow

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have tried the suggested fixes of remapping the open/close>keys with no avail. It's very consistent behavior. I can>open/close multiple exits PROVIDED I don't switch into the>panel view. Once I load the panel, I can only control the>primary exit regardless of the key sequence I use.Pete Dowson had a good explanation for this problem in his forum.Advanced aircraft like the PMDG are actually talking to FS several times a second, and this can make it impossible for you to get two keystrokes in sequence "heard" by FS.Unfortunately, the individual door functions are not accessible yet via FSUIPC, though maybe with the release of SDKs from Microsoft there will be a call revealed for separate doors.

That's interesting. Although, I question if that's what's happening here. It's not so much that the keystrokes are lost, but rather, their bindings are lost. SHIFT+E+2 does do *something* after I switch to the panel - it toggles the forward cabin doors (where previously it toggled the aft doors).I've seen this behavior in other aircraft too (like the PSS Airbus) - so it still may be as you say, related to the polling frequency of the panel...although it's not immediately clear to me how that would remap key bindings.J