Sign in to follow this  
Maxthrust

737NG VNAV PATH DESCEND

Ross, I fly at VATSIM too, infact I fly only at VATSIM. I'm using FSMETEO with "high res wind aloft" and "use VATSIM weather" options enabled. Decode local page is giving good idea about winds to be entered descend forecast page.At the end VNAV Descend Path angle is doesn't write at books, and we must accept it as correct as long as aircraft is descending on the path..

Guest rcarlson123

Bozhan, I remember PMDG mentioning that they don't recommend using weather add-ons due to unpredictable results with the winds ... have you experienced any strange behavior with the sim? I have been wanting to try out a weather add-on but I've been reluctant due to this warning from PMDG. Just curious what kind of experience you've had with the PMDG plane and Meteo.

Ross, as you know FMC waypoint wind speed/angle inputs are not modelled, unstable wind conditions making correct FMC ETA, Fuel at Arrival and TOD calculations almost impossible. However, I'm used to it and experienced in this area so it's not affecting my flights so much.I think it's better to use squawkbox's weather data (wind speed/direction is much more stable) with entering ~30kts headwind to FMC if flying west bound and ~ -30 for east bound. FMC calculations will be much more acurate..

Guest rcarlson123

Ahh, okay ... thanks for the info.