Sign in to follow this  
Guest jupiter87135

Simulation is choppy when using ActiveSky and FS METEO

Guest HansGroenewold

Bumping this in hopes of getting Randy Smith to respond to my earlier question.Hans Groenewold

Here is the README, well the part you need.This files contains the highest performance clouds available for Fs 2004, clouds have been edited and reduced in size. (Default fs2004 clouds are in 32 bits)Installation:#1 Unzip the zip files to a temp folder#2 Backup the original Fs2004 files; cumulus01 and all cirrus files, others clouds files are not used in Fs2004.#3 You can select the DXT3 cirrus clouds version OR some 32 bits cloud resized version. Copy the cirrus bmp files to Flight Simulator 2004Texture folder and overwrite all new files.#4 Copy the cumulus01.bmp from the cumulus folder to Flight Simulator 2004Texture folder and overwrite#5 If you got error while loading fs2004 using DXT3 version, Enable Render to Texture from your Fs 2004 graphics Display. #6 Using 32 bits cloud, you can leave render to texture disabled like before, but copy the default fs2004 cirrus clouds, than copy the new fsw 32bits cumulus and 32 bits cirrus version clouds to Flight Simulator 2004Texture folder and overwrite.The cirrus clouds have been fixed to blend near mountain and remove the hard edge.Using dxt3 version will appears little better then these 32bits clouds in this special situation, since the resolution is smaller then the dxt3. The cirrus won

Guest presario

Could someone be kind enough to send me the old cirrus and cumulus clouds, the original ones we were suppose to backup before installing the FPS friendly clouds.. I lost mine.. thank you very muchPresariozanther@cogeco.ca