Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

Question about the upcoming 747.

Guest Marc Harrington

Mikkel,actually, you can use the RFP 747 without a pilot's license. At first, I had some trouble getting everything turned on and the bird into the sky but all it took was going through the basic tutorials once and I was able master this complex add-on. I can only recommend it!About our 747-400, all I can say is that it will be a complex add-on as well, minus the Flight Engineer. ;)Cheers!

>I know it's a bit early to ask questions about the upcoming>release, but I hope to "some" answers. Firstly, I've been>looking at the RFP 747 and it looks a little overwelming, like>I need to have a 747 pilot licens or something. How>precise/hard are you planning on making the 747, hopefully us>without a pilot licens can still play? :)>>I now you don't want to say anything about a release date and>I can see why, but is it within a year or half a year...I've>been looking at the RFP, as mentioned, but I don't want to buy>them both as I prefer your product.>>Thanks>>MikkelWell, i can tell you that.I got the RFP game and its real hard but i can handle it well also they planning a update for now to make it even harder.With real EPRL and reality working fuel pumps and etc.But even if PMDG makes there 744 so hard, it doesn't matter you still can handle it. The B742 is a three persons cockpit and you realy can feel that but the B744 a two persons cockpit and with the FMC it take match and match work away.So, if you understand wat im try to saying. I like it if its hard to handle. The more realistic how better. PMDG, Please make a IRS alignment.Regards,RamonEDIT: If the -800/-900 series will have TCAS will there be also a update to get the TCAS working in the -600/-700?

Guest Paragon

Thanks Marc,I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the 747 from you guy's, and with the removal of the FE it just might get less hectic.One of the things I don't like about the RFP is the panels quality. I't s hard for me to see correctly, but they don't look as sharp as what we've been used to expect...what is your impression?Mikkel

Guest gremel

Mark,I also bought the 747 RFP and agree with you that it is a highly realistic and complex aircraft. It is strictly the old style 'steam-gauge' panels that are characteristic of the -200 series etc. It's not for the faint of heart...A fantastic aircraft in all areas.Regards,jack noulletkgsp

Guest Marc Harrington

The difference with the RFP panels is that they are hand-drawn in 2D and not 3D generated, like our panels. There is nothing wrong with that, especially because the creators of RFP focused a lot on systems operation. At PMDG we have a team of four only devoted to graphics and another four to systems. Nevertheless, RFP is still the best Classic 747 add-on.If you want to get a glimpse of the new 744 panel, check out the bakcground image of product page at our homepage.Sincerely,

Randy,I noticed on the website it states that "Authentic Glass Cockpit Displays in optional 'Classic' or 'Next Generation' style". Are we talking about the -400 style panel or is this refering to the side by side displays? Just a hope of the -400 :-beerchugThanks,

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest Paragon

Thanks Randy...I read in another post by Marc, that there will be a "complete main panel texture update". Any chance that the panel can have the look of being more "worn" and not so "made up"?ThanksMikkel