Sign in to follow this  
Guest oliveirausa

Why I can't see other aircrafts?????

Guest oliveirausa

Have asked in many forums but nobody has answered my pleas... I have FS9 installed/SquawkBox/SBRelay/All the CSL files and still can't see other aircrafts either on the ground or in the air... Using Windows XP... Throw me some light, pleaseMarco Oliveira

Guest troyboy66

What is your AI settings in Flightsim set to?Troy

Guest oliveirausa

Tks for the reply, Troy... Tell me what's an AI setting, pls.Marco Oliveira

Are you flying online? If so I'm not sure how this works or if the AI setting have any effect.Otherwise, if you're just flying offline, then you need to go into the 'Traffic' menu under settings and increase the slider to a percentage, say 25% or more depending on your system.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest oliveirausa

Yes, I am flying online... I have syncronize the time under settings but still no cigar... Marco Oliveira

Sorry, I have no clue about flying online. I often wondered how one would see all these planes since the bulk are add-ons. They should have a forum specifically for online, such as VATsim?Sorry I'm no help on this one,Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest henkb

Hmmm...1 important thing:are you actually connected to VATSIM or IVAO??If you are, all the 'normal' AI traffic will vanish. Makes sense, because it is not possible for the VATSIM or IVAO controllers to see the AI traffic. It would get a bit to hectic anyways.So, when flying online, it doesn't matter what your AI traffic slider is set to.If you still can't see any traffic it's either because there's simply no planes in your neigborhood (you can check that by downloading Whazzup from www.schiratti.com) OR your multiplayer range in Squawkbox is set to a low number. I think the maximum is 40 miles.For testing, I advise you to find a busy aiport with Whazzup (usually, during the evening, Amsterdam Schiphol or any of the other European airports are quite busy) and place yourself on a parking ramp, connect to VATSIM or IVAO and check if you can see other planes.good luck!

Maroc,In addition to Henk's reply are you sure there are other aircraft about?Open the SB TCAS, do you see other blips nearby?Make sure the SB range is set to 40nm.If so then you should see other a/c and it may be a firewall problem.Note that to see callsigns you need to tick "Show aircraft labels" in the "Traffic" settings in FS9.Are the CSL files/folder installed in the correct place, should be similar to the FS2k2 setup. If you have not added the {FrameCallNoWarn} from the SBRelay readme to your FS9.cfg file then FS9 will throw up a warning about incompatible aircraft; may be a way for you to determine if FS9 is trying to dislay other a/c.Could you see other a/c when using FS2k2, if in fact you have used FS2k2?If yes have you changed anything (apart from a switch to FS9 and SBRelay) since FS2k2 worked OK?If all the above are OK then try disabling the built-in XP firewall and see if that cures the problem.HTH and best of luck.

I can

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest oliveirausa

Tks for all the help guys... yesterday by accident I clicked on "join", instead of "host" and my problems were solved... I was insisting on the intructions provided at the vatsim website where tells you to go with "host". Tks for the support. Happy HolydaysMarco OliveiraAAV341 American Airlines Virtual