Sign in to follow this  
Guest henkb

Change default forward view...

Guest henkb

Hello everyone,am sure I can find this *somewhere* in the forums, so forgive me beforehand for asking ;)I find the default forward view eye-position to be one notch off. Before I start flying, I always move the viewpoint down 1 step (Shift-backspace).How do I edit the (panel).cfg file to make this the default view?Thanks a lot & happy Holidays!

Sure, Open up you PMDG 737 700 Aircraft folder/Panel folder Locate the panel CFG and find this towards the top, [VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=20,21,22,23VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.5,0.0,0.0 You can change the 3.5, raising the number will give you what you are after. If fact, it is much better this way because the adjustments are more fine insted of larger movements (SHIFT XXX). I would go in steps like 4.5, 5.5 etc untill you find that happy spot ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest henkb

Thanks a lot Randy! The changes with shift-XXX are a bit steep indeed, it's either like yr on the roof or sitting on your knees. This way it's much easier to make small changes!All the best,