Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lars

Importing MS flight plan into 737NG

Guest Lars

Merry Christmas to you all!I'm creating a Christma flight plan in FS2004 from Anchorage PANC to Juneau PAJN. It includes some 15 Santa waypoints.I go into the 737NG's FMC but I can't find a way to import this into the FMC.So I go back into the MS flightplan and print out the file via Notes, and then I try to type in each waypoint into the FMC of the 737NG.But the 737NG only accepts about half of these waypoints.How can I conveniently create flightplans and import these in this wonderful aircraft?And why doesn't the 737NG accept so many of the waypoint I enter?Lars

Merry Christmas!As far as I know, if the FMC doesn't recognize the waypoint when you enter it, then it won't recongize it if you import it.Anyway, to convert a FS9 FP, you need a program called pln2rte (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=pln2rte101.zip&Author=&CatID=Root). Simply make the FP in FS9 and save it, open up pln2rte, drag the FS9 made flight plan onto the pln2rte window and it'll convert it. You have to specify a directory for pln2rte to export to. The one you want is, I believe, FS9PMDGFlightplans, or something very similar.Hop into FS9, fire up the FMC. (This is all from memory, so I appologize for mistakes) Go to any menu and click the button next to "", then find the flight plan and click the button next to it to transfer it into the scratchpad, then click on the RTE button and then click the button next to the ---- under CO RTE. Then everything should work.

Guest phorovsky

Hello IanMany thanks for this bit of advice. I've downloaded the NG737, installed the aircraft, but have been unable to fly because of this flight plan problem. I've now downloaded the file you suggested and tomorrow I shall attempt to draw up and install a flight plan!Greetingspaulus