Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gilly

nav radios not working

Guest Gilly

When you start cold & dark the "avionics master switch" is turned OFF. Check your key assignments and assign a key (M) by your control setting. So you can easy turn it ON.--------------------GillyHollandhttp://members.home.nl/g.ensink/FSMBanner.gif

Guest rcarlson123

I have had this same problem twice since the SU2 update. I fixed it in flight by messing around with the APU power and bleed settings. I haven't nailed down which switch actually fixed the problem, but it has something to do with the power systems in the aircraft.PMDG, any input on this?

Guest ba747heavy

>PS I ended up flying manually, this brings up another issue,>is there a way to hear the callouts on descent when in landing>view? This view requires the callouts the most.Negative. There has been much discussion on this ;) PMDG had two choices: 1, All sounds in all views(less realistic) 2, Sounds only in forward view(more realistic). Guess which one won? :)

Guest presario

Ok thanks that did it, is there no way to turn avionics master switch on/off from the overhead compartment? or at least some master warning light when avionics is off?Presario

Guest cordelia

Got itThe answer is that if you assign M as the avionics master switch, this clashes with an autopilot setting.I use the button next to the 1! key on the keyboard (not numpad)Hey presto No problemsSteve

Guest presario

Hello,Love the new 737ng by the way.. I recently completed a flight from cyvr to cyyc and had a strange thing happen, while I was flying the STAR into Calgary I tried to tune the nav radios to the local ILS 111.5 but I couldn't get the nav or comm or trans to move. I had no way of changing the settings other than the xpdr position. It was like the radio stack froze on me. One thing that was different this time is that I started from a cold and dark cockpit for the second time, but there was no master caution warning or any indication that the setup was wrong. Any ideas?Presario.PS I ended up flying manually, this brings up another issue, is there a way to hear the callouts on descent when in landing view? This view requires the callouts the most.

Guest rici

If you push shift + 1 then you will hear the callouts in all views, but you have to push it again if you change the view.richard