Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren Howie

A request for Random failure implementation please!

Guest Darren Howie

G'day GuysFirst up you have done a simply awesome job on the NG,well done!!I am wondering if he option of random failures will be available at some point in the future?The reason i ask is the amount of immersion it adds is incomparable to any other feature you can possibly add to the sim.The main problem with scripted failures(apart from the training benefit)is you know exactly what and exactly when something will go wrong.With a random failure generator life becomes alot more like the real world.V1 calls become important and essential where now they are now effectively a token feature with no real meaning as you know an engine is not going to stop.Or if it is going to stop you know exactly when.A random generator also keeps you honest when flying long sectors where a gen failue can mean a diversion to an ALT airport.Where minor or major problems must be considered and planned for.Just like real life!!The amount of realism added by a random failure generator cannot be compared to almost any single feature.The reason i spend time prior to every take off having a brief in real life is simple.We do NOT know if something will go wrong so we must plan for the worst case.If you could add a simple random failure generator ala PIC which allowed certain types(minor/major) of failures at selectable time frames we would have everything for a real world environment for the best FS9 aircraft available. Real life is random not planned and i hope we get the option down the track.All the best and keep up the great work.Darren

Darren-I tend to agree with you and I might just add those for the 800/900 if time permits! :-)Happy Holidays!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Darren Howie

G'day LefterisMerry Christmas!!Thanks for the response and i do hope you can find the time as i believe it would be more than worth the effort.Once again thanks for your efforts so far with the NG sim.Several of my friends have been around and had ago of the NG and all whom are Virgin Blue NG operators are stunned by how good it is.Now with the failures all are intending on purchasing so they can use it for Cyclic practice.Great job and easily the best compliment bar none.All the bestDarren

Guest lbb

Hi guys,Yes, I agree, I does add a great deal to the immersion. I'm more familiair with the PS1 random failure generator than with the one in PIC, but the result is the same: you develop a healthy suspicion of you aircraft that you would otherwise not have and that adds greatly to the realism.So, as far as I'm concerned, just take your time with the 800/900, Lefteris :-)Leo Bakker

Guest bawheavy

Hey guysYou can get a random failure generator from the avsim library. All you do is put in the probability of a failure... eg. 1:35000 of a certain failure and then having it running all the time. I would send it to you but I deleted it this morning when I installed FS2004. Sorry :(Merry Christmas and a happy new year! ;)Cheers,Liam