Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVA1078

pmdg VREF flap speeds way out

Guest DVA1078

for some reason I get reccomended vrefs of "78981" instead of a more achievable "142" There also is a red warning bar on all speeds from take off. /any body familiar with this? I attached a screenshot.

Guest amerton

Please sign your post next time.Although what you describe should not happen even if not (:-))have you initied correctly your weights in PERF INIT ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest DVA1078

I have entered the correct weight, in Kg, could that be the problem?At first it occured only in landing VREF, now it is in both TO and Landing. At the same time I now get the red "overspeed" dashed bar on the right side of the speed read out,right at rotation. Thanks for the help!Sean BanksDVA1078sbanks@billingsclinic.org

Guest DVA1078

Here is a gif of the issue.VREFS

Try entering your weight in tonnes, Sean, not kilos ;-)I doubt that the real aircraft would accept such a high weight input however (30,000tonnes) :-) BTW, did you enter the weight manually, or just click on the CDU key next to ZFW?Cheers.Ian.

Guest DVA1078

will do,I have been entering the weight manually, did not realize that it would auto-populate if I just hit the CDU!I'll give that a try next time. Of course I have always manually input the GW etc and this issue just started, whether I use metric or US Standard. I even broke down and reinstalled PMDG last night to no avail. May be time to blow away FS9 and start over from scratch. There goes a weekend of loading add ons and maps, but until I figure out which one causes the problem I have to wax it all. Either that or start flying Cesna 182's for DVA!

Guest DVA1078

well, that did not work, perhaps it is a problem in the loadmaster program, I'll try that tonight.

Guest ba747heavy

What is your PMDG sytles menu set at: Lbs or Kg?

Guest DVA1078

I have tried both us and metric with the same results, I am back to metric now because the vref's in the manual are listed in Kg so I set FS9 and PMDG to metric.:-hmmm

Guest ba747heavy

I am going to take a wild guess and say that when you entered the wieghts you did it wrong ;-). That is the only explanation for the VRefs being so far off as they are dervied from weights and your weight is WAY wrong. I think what you did is entered 30733.2 into the scratchpad and then uploaded it to 3L on the PERF INIT page(3L is the weights, right? I forget ;-)) Instead, try entering 30.7 and then uploading it.If that isn't it then I don't know :-hmmm

Guest DVA1078

You are right , I do enter my weights in the full leingth format, but I allways have, in both versions! I will try it in the abriviated version tonight, thank you for the suggestion.

Guest DVA1078

Viola! Whatever that means :-jumpy (Thought it was a small stringed instrument similar to a violin):-violin Problem solved.I changed two things prior to testing and I can not be sure if 1 or the other solved the problem but here is what I did.(Looking back I see this was suggested to me before but I misinterpreted the sugestion of entering weight in tonnes, for some reason tonnes verse tons made focus on metric verse sae not Kg vs T!)1. Before opening FS9 I ran the loadmaster and cleared all entries.2. When programing the initial page in the FMS I just pressed the appropriate LSK next to GW instead of manually entering the weight. After entering the rest of the short flights info and pressing the LSK's for VREF they were populated with the correct amount.My best guess is that I was telling the aircraft before that it weighed 65000 tonnes instead of kilos.Thanks for all the kind support and patience, espeacialy to those who gave me the answer and I did not "get it"!See ya up there!Sean BanksDVA1078:-badteeth