Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Finding waypoints in between dep/arr airports?

How do you go about doing this?Lately, the only way I have been getting the FMC to work is by setting my Dep/Arr airports and then finding an approach for the arr. airport. That seems to work ok, but how would you find a waypoint in between, because LNAV does not hold the flightplan to well!

That's where great programs like FSbuild come into play ;). It will build you a route than you can import in to FMC. What I do when I do not have any charts handy or just being my lazy old self, I will put my DEP and ARR and the ND MAP in PLAN MODE (From the EFIS panel, it's next to the MCP on the left) with WAYPOINTS ON. Set the range to 5-10 miles so you can see what ones are in next to the dep and arr airports and with the FMC set on the LEGS, page on the bottom right you will see the STEP PROMPT. You will get the idea ;). If you need a route please ask here or in the flight plans forum and will see if we can post one for you. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

or use this free sitehttp://rfinder.asalink.net/free/Gary HayesPOSKY Aircraft Paintergary@projectopensky.comP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

That site is great Gary, thanks a lot!!!Are you expecting to upload the SWA NC anytime soon, I am very much anticipating it!Also, one more question, how far in between waypoints can a the bird fly on LNAV? I have a distance of like 1400NM in between two, and it deviates from course really bad!