Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren Howie

FMC Fuel Calc problems.

Guest Darren Howie

G'day GuysLast week i read that someone had a problem with the fuel calc after going into the cruise and there is a problem.I was doing a flight from KJFK-EHAM as a long range test and found the following.On the climb estimated fuel remaining at EHAM was 10.8-11.3K.Cool.On leveling off in the criuse the fuel calc went haywire with some pretty huge errors involved.The screenie below is hopefully readable enough so you can see the problem.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/54628.jpgAs you can see it is clearly saying 0 fuel on arrival EHAM.This was in stable steady flight for some 15min's with continous "Insufficient fuel message" had been going since TOC over a 900nm before. I have programmed 1 as the reserve fuel but from the numbers on the displays this doesn't or shouldn't come into it.There is a large error on the next leg betwwen WPT 04 and 05.On a leg of only 361nm the FMC is quoting a burn of some 9400LB of fuel even though i am burning 5340LB/HR.With a GS of 552KTS the real burn should be closer to 3500LB even allowing for the slight change in track.Even the fuel to be used on the remaining 51nm to wpt 4 is in error.You can also do a quick calc to see that at current GS the fuel remaining on arrival EHAM even with no desecnt allowance should be in excess of 9000LB.I am using the latest FSUIPC unreg.Is anyone else having fuel calc problems apart from the two of us?Thanks for all the hard work guys and can't wait for the 800!!ThanksDarren Howie

Guest Darren Howie

HI GuysOne small thing to add was i was using a mod crz value set prior to TOC of 0.795.No sure if this makes a difference or not but it seems strange the remaining fuel at EHAM went from 10000lb to 0 after the aircraft established itself in the cruise.Take careDarren

Guest Darren Howie

G'day RandyThanks mate and Merry Chrissie!!Great job on the flight dynamics she's superb!!ThanksDarren

Guest amerton

Hi,Edited original post to take the nonsense I wrote out...Not much left..I'll have a detailed look at it.CheersanthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com