Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

strange baro behaviour

Guest ha5mvo

I get strange readouts from the barometer-altimeter. whe I checked I noticed this happens only with the PMDG737.here's what happens:1) Default 737 - D/L weather, bit B : barometer is set up and altitude is ok (corresponds the one showing after SHFT + Z)2) change to PMDG : altitude is OK but barometer invariabely shows 29.923) hit B : pressure is correct but the altitude is wrong4) wait a minute and hit B again : the pressure changes (towards 2992 until after some (long) time it becomes 2992)I'm clueless! does anybody have an Idea?obviously the wrong altitudes influence (wrongly) the vertical profile as the altitude readout by the plane is incorrect.Oh, yes, obviously these observations were made on the ground so this has nothing to do with the FL180 transitionThanks//Mike

Guest DannyV

I have noticed that at transition, I press the STD button and the alt setting under the altimeter tape reads GREEN STD, but underneath in white is the area QNH. Pressing B only updates the area QNH IF it has changed. Transition Alt is set to 10,000 ft in the FMS! After passing 18,000 ft, if I press B, the white area QNH disappears and only the GREEN STD is displayed. Seems as though the logic is still expecting 18,000 ft as transition...Cheers,Danny

Guest ha5mvo

Danny,Like I said, this happens also on the ground so I'm not sure transition Alt. has to do with it. Also I have no problems with default A/C.Randy,pushing the button seems to change nothing but the display (from the pressure readout to STD)The problem is that when changing to the 737 the altitude remains correct but the pressure is always set to 2992 thus when trying to adjut the correct pressure the altitudes agjusts (incorrectly) as well.Thanks for the attempt,//Mike

Guest Ray CYYZ

I don't see any problem with the baro. Just started it up, sitting on the ground, changed to stormy weather and suddenly altimeter was 700 feet off. Hit B, pressure set properly and altitude back to proper height.STD = 29.92 which is used ABOVE transition altitude. This is ONLY used above to give all planes the same amount of error equally.The button it sounds like you are pressing simply toggles between STD and local pressure. It does not actually change anything. It will be Yellow (indicating caution) if you have it set to the wrong of the two values on the wrong side of the transition altitude.Pushing this toggle is NOT the same as hitting your B key to set the barometer. Don't confuse them.You'll see the dial control has a center click (toggle standard/local), a above spot (toggle inches/pascals), and a +/- on the sides that actually CHANGES the value (you can use this instead of hitting the B key).Ray

Guest ha5mvo

Ok, found the culprit!i had an earlier version of FSUIPC. just downloaded the latest version and all seems to function ok now. go figure....Anyway, thanks for all of you trying to help me.//Mike